Thread: 3RDegree - 1s&0s.1

3RDegree - 1s&0s.1

cover.jpg
    🇺🇸, 2015.
    Take a look at the first PA review of the album as it first deals with a 10-years-after-future (2025 lol), since this concept album does. This article is perfect, and synches the lyrics with the sound and playing. The album has a pretty high ratings, although The Long Division's music enchantement is preferred by many, and most, of us. Influences are quoted, but anyone can find more of them, e.g. Goblin for the ending of #2 The Gravity.
    1&0.1's lyric works is the most interesting and fancy point here, so are the pretty and involved arrangement moments here and there. It's a nice mainstream prog album. Like Seconds Before Landing, it features funny adv. "Futuristic" ones. But - a "negative" point - these are actual ones when you compare them with today, and robot voices don't hurt our ears any longer. Jules Verne did the same without knowing it would happen e.g. with submarines.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytheet View Post
    Like Seconds Before Landing, it features funny adv. "Futuristic" ones. But - a "negative" point - these are actual ones when you compare them with today, and robot voices don't hurt our ears any longer. Jules Verne did the same without knowing it would happen e.g. with submarines.
    I'm not exactly sure what your point is here, but part of what makes this album so exceptional is that yours truly (*me*) provided one of the voices heard at the end or beginning of a track - a TV-news commentator or something like that. Getting to do that was the perk for my participation in the Kickstarter fundraiser. for the album Anyway, if you like the album, this is probably why!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what your point is here, but part of what makes this album so exceptional is that yours truly (*me*) provided one of the voices heard at the end or beginning of a track - a TV-news commentator or something like that. Getting to do that was the perk for my participation in the Kickstarter fundraiser. for the album Anyway, if you like the album, this is probably why!
    Groovy. I totally remember the TV-news guy. I adore their last three albums.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I am a big 3rDegree fan. I first saw them around the release of Narrowcaster and also dug the Long Division. I had the pleasure of seeing the live ones and zeros show at an unfortunately sparsely attended venue in Southbridge MA and love the two studio albums. Also a bunch of nice guys who deserve a bigger audience!

^ Agree 100%. I saw them in Cleveland. Myself, Chris (GuitarGeek,) and maybe 2 or 3 others. They had to be terribly disappointed, but the band put on a spirited and entirely enjoyable show. I wish things had worked out better for them, but among Prog-Rock bands, that's a sad refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm not sure why I got wrong with any kinda adv, but the album is pretty ok indeed.

I need to re-familiarize myself with 3rdegree. I seem to remember enjoying what I'd heard by them, but it has been some time since I heard anything by them. I completely forgot about them until spotting this post—shame on me!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...