Thread: Azure _ new album coming in May

Azure _ new album coming in May

I don't think Azure have ever been mentioned here before. They are a young English band from Brighton here on the south coast who are releasing their 3rd full length album called 'Fym' next month. Their brand of 'fantasy prog' is hard to describe and a real melting pot featuring a guitar sound that is akin to Francis Dunnery/Luke Machin with lots of proggy keyboards and arrangements with strong lead vocals from Chris Sampson. I would highly recommend their previous album 'Of Brine and Angel's Beaks' along with the Redtail EP and others.

Anyway, below are a couple of tracks from the new album and Bandcamp link - hope some of you might like - warning - not easy listening, especially at first...

https://azureish.bandcamp.com/music

Some time ago Azure was mentioned here....

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...=1#post1235479

Chris Sampson also guested on the final track of Solstice latest album "Light Up":

^^^^ Yes, that's how I discovered them.

^ Thanks for the killer Solstice vid. The young lady has an incredible voice. I'm gonna have to find the CD in my stacks, and give it some repeated spins.

This has really been growing on me. I didn't know this band before. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Thanks for the killer Solstice vid. The young lady has an incredible voice. I'm gonna have to find the CD in my stacks, and give it some repeated spins.
    Yeah, the current line-up of Solstice is pretty much the best they have ever had. Jess has a stunning voice and incredibly powerful for such a tiny person. And ever since 'finding' Jess Andy Glass has gathered even more vocalists around Solstice who regularly act as backing singers but can easily do lead parts as well. Of the two in this video the one not playing acoustic guitar is Ebony Buckle who I believe is now a fixture within Solstice. Saw them 2 weeks ago here in the Netherlands and they had added Earth Song (from their debut album Silent Dance which is 40 years old this year) to the set and it was the first time Ebony sang lead and she smashed it out the ballpark ... she absolutely nailed it and it now sounds like it was always written for her and meant for her to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Yeah, the current line-up of Solstice is pretty much the best they have ever had. Jess has a stunning voice and incredibly powerful for such a tiny person. And ever since 'finding' Jess Andy Glass has gathered even more vocalists around Solstice who regularly act as backing singers but can easily do lead parts as well. Of the two in this video the one not playing acoustic guitar is Ebony Buckle who I believe is now a fixture within Solstice. Saw them 2 weeks ago here in the Netherlands and they had added Earth Song (from their debut album Silent Dance which is 40 years old this year) to the set and it was the first time Ebony sang lead and she smashed it out the ballpark ... she absolutely nailed it and it now sounds like it was always written for her and meant for her to sing.
    I don't know if you know but Ebony released her first album a couple of years ago, there is a video for each of the songs and it's up on Bandcamp - highly recommended.

https://ebonybuckle.bandcamp.com/alb...n_menubar=true

^^ sure I know that album, although I did discover her through her involvement in Solstice.