Thread: Rush - Grace Under Pressure full album cover (Tyler Warren)

Rush - Grace Under Pressure full album cover (Tyler Warren)

He's back! Happy 40th P/G!

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I must play my 40 year old vinyl soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I must play my 40 year old vinyl soon.
    I played my vinyl yesterday...I actually prefer the OG cd from the 80s or whenever, slightly more detail up top. This fuckin album is solid top 5 for me, which hurts because then either 2112, Caress, or Kings goes into the swamp. But I just play P/G more these days, it's more interesting to my ears. My sweet spot for this band has turned out to be late 70's to mid 80's (Hemispheres through P/G), but I still love Caress too. I might need my prog membership card revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I played my vinyl yesterday...I actually prefer the OG cd from the 80s or whenever, slightly more detail up top. This fuckin album is solid top 5 for me, which hurts because then either 2112, Caress, or Kings goes into the swamp. But I just play P/G more these days, it's more interesting to my ears. My sweet spot for this band has turned out to be late 70's to mid 80's (Hemispheres through P/G), but I still love Caress too. I might need my prog membership card revoked.
    I don't like Caress Of Steel at all so you can take my card away!

(GUP is great. My review: https://pienemmatpurot.com/review-ru...pressure-1984/)
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    I don't like Caress Of Steel at all so you can take my card away!
    Agree. I bought it upon release, and they were my main band at that point. Didn't hate it, but it was a big disappointment. 2112 helped level me up, though.

Nice of someone to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of this great album. Rush certainly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    Nice of someone to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of this great album. Rush certainly didn't.
    Well there's still time yet, all the other 40th anniversary releases were rather late and Grace was still a platinum album so hopefully we'll get some good bonus live stuff.

To my ear "Distant Early Warning" and "The Big Money" off the next album go together and are back to back in my playlist. Not sure why I thought of that but whatever.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

This guy is truly admirable, thanks for sharing YT link!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Agree. I bought it upon release, and they were my main band at that point. Didn't hate it, but it was a big disappointment. 2112 helped level me up, though.
    I bought the LP for 2112 on it's release date. Saw the concert. Still, easily my favourite Rush album (although Hemispheres comes close).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)