Thread: Progressive Rock Unboxings

Progressive Rock Unboxings

Hi folks,

My apologies if this is not the right place for this post. While I am a regular reader, I do not contribute often.

I have recently started a YouTube channel for Prog-related unboxing videos that I thought some here might be interested in. This is not a full-time 'gig', so I won't be overwhelming people with content. However, I recently retired and it's a fun activity to keep me busy. The link to my channel is below:

Dave Gallant
    https://www.youtube.com/@davegallant9764

My latest unboxing video went up yesterday - Emerson, Lake & Powell's Complete Collection:
    https://youtu.be/8PeKn3eeRzI?si=plHb0wMsl11aEsoU

For those who do not know me, I am Asia's official biographer and their one time webmaster. I also published the 'Armada' newsletter in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

To date, I have posted unboxing videos for the recent Greg Lake, Keith Emerson and John Wetton box sets. There is one where I discuss the John Wetton 'Extraordinary Life' book, and I have also unboxed 'The Likes of Us' media book from Big Big Train (CD + blu-ray with 5.1 and Dolby Atmos mixes).

My unboxings tend to be more informational about the product as opposed to in-depth reviews. With the unboxing videos, my goal is to provide the best possible vantage point for clear, unobstructed viewing of the contents. I don't know about other people, but I find such videos very helpful in my purchasing decisions. I hope you like them and find them useful.

But PLEASE don't judge the sound quality on the first few too harshly, LOL! It was only on the Greg Lake unboxing where I finally picked up a decent microphone. The more recent ones, including BBT and ELPowell, also sound much better. I'm also completely new to the Mac ecosystem and finding my way around Final Cut Pro, but it's interesting and fun to learn new things.

I expect to be unboxing the new Yes 'Talk' set soon, with another couple of videos in the pipeline. Again, I'm no Barry Robinson of Classic Album Review on YT (who does great work), so if you subscribe to my channel, I won't be posting all that often.

Thanks for your time, and best wishes.

Dave Gallant
    Last edited by davegallant123; 04-16-2024 at 02:19 PM.

Lots of fondling action, I would expect.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    This is really cool. I'll tune in. Enjoy your retirement.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    This is really cool. I'll tune in. Enjoy your retirement.
    Thank you very much!

On a side-topic, I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I had intended this for the 'Main Board', and for some reason it has appeared here. My error, or an Admin move?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Lots of fondling action, I would expect.
    Indeed. I'll check some of these out!