Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: BEAT - Belew, Levin, Vai, Carey

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    ..and play Get Back on a rooftop?
    We played Get Back, but not on a rooftop.

In fact I believe it was my rendition of Billy Preston's iconic solo in that song that clinched me the role in my introductory rehearsal with the band.
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    The Phoenix gig at The Celebrity Theater (and in-the-round theater) was initially just going to sell half of the seats and not turn the stage (their approach when they expect a small crowd) but have changed to a full-sale/rotating stage. So yes, a larger turnout is going on.
    Glad to hear it's going to be a rotating stage show - I got in early enough to do the meet and great for this show. The last one I saw there that rotated was Ringo Starr last year, and that was a blast to see an "over the shoulder" view of Ringo playing every once in a while. Should be great with BEAT as well.

The eons are closing
    ^^ nice.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post

there's a line of criticism about Vai that deems him as a 'wanker' and a flourisher flashy player only

this is a good resource to point out his musical intellect and of his drive to study and grow

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revelogicPA View Post
    there's a line of criticism about Vai that deems him as a 'wanker'
    After the spanking

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    Glad to hear it's going to be a rotating stage show - I got in early enough to do the meet and great for this show. The last one I saw there that rotated was Ringo Starr last year, and that was a blast to see an "over the shoulder" view of Ringo playing every once in a while. Should be great with BEAT as well.
    The rotating stage is always a hit or miss thing; sometimes one has amazing luck and gets to see a unique view of one’s favorite band member at the perfect point, and other times that blissful moment comes when the rotation means the player is pretty much obscured completely.

And then there is the fact that their stage is soooooo old that it sometimes screws up and stops. Ha!