Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Led Zeppelin thread

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    That sound was recorded by plugging the guitar directly into the board, so no external amplifier was used, either.
    That's right. For "Black Dog," Andy Jonhs used two Universal Audio 1176 Compressors in series. One had all the compression buttons punched out, so it functioned like an amp, and that signal slammed the mic input in the mixing board, causing the mic amp to distort. It's a cool sound with a very unique character.

Bill

I must admit that I've never really taken seriously Coda, after being increasingly disappointed with Graffitti, Presence and Outdoor, to the point that I never took it home (but heard it a few times at buddy's places) and seriously disliking Darlene.

Maybe it's time I look into it in the near future, but I don't expect much revelations, so nothing urgent.

As for the rest of their discography, it's always difficult to rank them first five albums, but in Zoso and Holly, I only like (a lot) 50% and dislike the other 50%.
    And with Holy, appeared these weird tracks like Crunge, Oceans and Dancing Days, which would keep coming back with insistance in their later albums.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I must admit that I've never really taken seriously Coda, .
    Me neither, but it amazes me how albums get maligned and tainted. CODA is a compilation of unreleased material. It's not a proper album. But because of the magic of Youtube I've listened to it ...a hundred times already. I love it. I listen to the expanded, remastered version. I think it's great. I freaking love it. Not every single track but at least 75 percent of it. It's worth owning.