Thread: Sean Ono Lennon - Asterisms

Sean Ono Lennon - Asterisms

I'm listening to Sean Lennon's new EP "Asterisms", and it is absolutely amazing! Super lo-fi psych prog.

I don't usually start threads here, but I'm positive a lot of folks on the forum would love this. Sort of King Crimson + Storm Corrosion.
    Last edited by julioscissors; 02-16-2024 at 09:14 PM.

He's been doing a lot of great work. I still need to spend some time diving into it.

He's also an excellent guitarist.

I think his dad would be proud as hell.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I love Sean Lennon's music!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yes, he is. Guitar playing on this release is super tasty.

I haven't been this impressed with a modern release in a long time. Strap your cans on, pour a glass of red (or roll a spliff) and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Sean plays the drums too and I'd say he's a better drummer than guitar player. That's crazy impressive. This is one of my favorite songs of his:
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    Sean plays the drums too and I'd say he's a better drummer than guitar player. That's crazy impressive. This is one of my favorite songs of his:
    That chorus is so catchy. My 19 year old daughter and I often play this and "Dead Meat" in the car when we're running around town. She actually turned me on to "The Claypool/Lennon Delirium" discs, which have some really fun psychedelic tunes

I've never really listened to his music but that song "Parachute" was quite nice and the video complemented it quite well.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Listening to Asterisms right now and holy crap is this good.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ At 37 minutes, it could have been an LP! Thanks to the OP - I’ll check this out.
    Looks like it has AI cover art, no?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's hard to tell nowadays, ya know? I will say that I think cover has a lot of nuances; the landscape looks like a mix between desert and water, some of the figures look like Chthulu or Apollo, and you can view the centerpiece as a Sun with creatures surrounding it, or as a combined entity like something out of a D&D Monster Manual.

I think it really matches the music well, and it's cool to look at while listening. It's trippy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Due to the fact AI generated album covers are everywhere now, I recently stopped caring that much about it. The art of putting a lot of heart and soul into sleeve design is lost anyway. Whenever I want to look at actual art, I go to Newgrounds.com (or any other place where AI created submissions are prohibited) or just enjoy the old stuff. I've just finished listening to the title track. It's really good and showcases Sean Lennon's musical maturity.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Echoes Podcast: Sean Ono Lennon's Inner Mounting Psychedelia. We talk to the scion of rock royalty about his new album Asterisms released on John Zorns Tzadik label and continuing their mind bending explorations in his music. https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-qdN