Thread: Gleb Kolyadin (iamthemorning) held in Thailand, threatened with deportation to Russia

Gleb Kolyadin (iamthemorning) held in Thailand, threatened with deportation to Russia

Gleb Kolyadin has been playing in Thailand as part of the band Bi-2. The band have previously been vocal about their anti-Ukraine war stance. The band were arrested and detained after a show in Thailand at the behest of the Russian government, and now face being deported to Russia, which poses a significant threat to their welbeing.

Marjana Semkina of iamthemorning has started a petition to the Thai government to request that the band members are returned to their countries of residence. More information, and the petition (if you would like to sign it) are here :

https://www.change.org/p/appeal-to-t...5086_en-GB%3A9

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    This is against the policies of PE given it's totally political. I don't mean to a harsh but I would delete this post.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    This is against the policies of PE given it's totally political. I don't mean to a harsh but I would delete this post.
    In all honesty, as a PE members, where else would I have found out this information? Page nothing of the New York Times?
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

I see it more as humanitarian than political. Signed. Wishing Gleb et al good luck.

Glen is only a 'hired' keyboard player in Bi-2 band but he now also faces deportation back to Russia.
    It is really really sad what is happening.

If they get deported back to Russia I will not visit Thailand as a tourist.

Never ever.

https://news.sky.com/story/fears-for...iland-13060071

Well it made Sky News but I only found it because I searched for it.
    Last edited by Steve983; 01-31-2024 at 01:17 PM.

According to israeli news outlets, after diplomatic pressure from Israel they are now being deported to Israel instead of Russia (some have multiple citizenships)
    They are currently in the Israeli consulate, waiting to be extradited.

Thank you for this thread. I am a fan of Gleb and sad he got caught up in this mess.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    According to israeli news outlets, after diplomatic pressure from Israel they are now being deported to Israel instead of Russia (some have multiple citizenships)
    They are currently in the Israeli consulate, waiting to be extradited.
    Also confirmed by Marjana on her Instagram page, good news.

Gleb's solo albums are absolutely outstanding. What a talent. Hope all turns out well for them.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Good news (if true) that they're not going to be deported to Russia. I'm not going to make a political statement about it, but I'll say that's pretty much a good thing.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Good news (if true) that they're not going to be deported to Russia. I'm not going to make a political statement about it, but I'll say that's pretty much a good thing.

Its true, here they are on the plane:

Screenshot_20240201_174244_Chrome.jpg

There is also a video of them in Israel airport but I think it is blocked overseas-

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/bjdmwf005t#autoplay

Back in the UK

20240203_171821.jpg