Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Porcupine Tree: Closure/Continuation Live out on December 8, 2023

Porcupine Tree: Closure/Continuation Live out on December 8, 2023

It goes without saying...I'm pretty stoked for this! Was lucky to catch them twice on their brief visit to the US last year after thinking I'd missed my chance. What a phenomenal band!

I'm a little surprised this is coming out so soon after SW's new solo album, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Closure/Continuation Live documents Porcupine Tree’s triumphant return to the stage in 2022.

Recorded at Amsterdam’s 17,000 capacity Ziggo Dome on November 7 2022, C/CL places the listener/viewer right at the heart of the stage for the duration of the show as psychotropic visuals explode behind the band as they play a superlative set of rapturously received songs.

The set includes tracks from comeback album Closure/Continuation plus classic PT pieces such as Trains, Fear of a Blank Planet and Anesthetize.

Available as a 2CD/2Blu-Ray Deluxe version with 60 page book in a slipcase, vinyl boxset including 4 x 12” limited heavyweight clear vinyl, and a Blu-Ray/DVD edition.

The Blu-Ray sets include Dolby Atmos surround sound, 5.1 Audio and 24 bit High Resolution Audio.
    Here's Harridan:

Pre-order link on Burning Shed: https://burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree

Excellent live version

Slick, as always. They know how to get my Christmas money...or the money of whoever will be buying this for me, haha.

Neil

I'm not that keen on this song, it feels like PT by numbers to me. I will be getting the Blu Ray though, looks like it's already sold out at Burning Shed!

That will enhance my memories of that show. Yay!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    They didn't go with one of the shows featuring the phantom bass player.

Auto-present!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The lowest-priced edition is a Bluray+DVD combo, which is kind of weird. "The Blu-Ray includes full show, Dolby Atmos surround sound, 5.1 Audio and 24 bit High Resolution Audio (Excluding bonus features). The DVD includes the full show. "
    No idea what bonus features are, but in the past they've been things like videos or instrumental-only versions, highty unlikely for a live album.

The next lowest is a 2 CD set plus "The Blu-Ray 1 features the full show, and bonus features, while Blu-Ray 2 includes Dolby Atmos surround sound, 5.1 Audio and 24 bit High Resolution Audio."

I wonder if these will be as difficult to get on physical media as the C/C and THC albums were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I wonder if these will be as difficult to get on physical media as the C/C and THC albums were.
    Well, the reasonably priced bluray/DVD version is already listed as sold out, which seems ridiculous to me. The more expensive elaborate package one's are still available.

Neil

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It looks like it. This shit is starting to color the way I see Wislon. It's a big turn off. Couldn't they find more formats to cram into all those bundles that they seem to have plenty of? It affects how I feel about Burning Shed too, which already wasn't great because of their policy of making customers decide if they need their shipment insured. Don't get me started! The pre-order is sold out - kiss my ass. Fortunately, "illegal" downloads are never sold-out!

Somebody at the Hoffman site shared this preorder link that I just used:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLS8JVRY
    I still can't find the item with their increasingly crappy Search feature.
    They used to have a nice Advanced Search page, but they dropped it for reasons I'll never understand.

"Runtime 25 hours and 26 minutes"

I guess I'll have to take a vacation day to watch it when it arrives.

I like to support Burning Shed but since they have sold out already I ordered the Blu Ray from a trader on E Bay which works out cheaper than BS's extortionate p+p charges anyway.

Preordered from Amazon. At the very least I can cancel the order up until shipping time. Not so much with the other vendors.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Preordered the deluxe box from Burning Shed. I don't mind financing the extension on Steven's mansion.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I would have bought one of the Deluxe editions, but since they sold out of them on release day and I'm not really interested in the 2-disk versions, and I haven't owned a turntable since the '90s, I'll just go for the free all-digital version (includes the concert film). I guess that's what the label intends, since the Deluxe, physical, non-vinyl versions are so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I would have bought one of the Deluxe editions, but since they sold out of them on release day and I'm not really interested in the 2-disk versions, and I haven't owned a turntable since the '90s, I'll just go for the free all-digital version (includes the concert film). I guess that's what the label intends, since the Deluxe, physical, non-vinyl versions are so limited.
    I just bought the deluxe CD Box this morning. Seemed to have no problems. Same as the description from the OP (but only for the 2CD and 2BR discs)

Does one of the BR discs include a video of the show?
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 11-07-2023 at 11:28 AM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I saw and loved the opening night performance in Toronto on this tour, so I'll be getting the recording.

But I don't really watch dvds/BR's any longer, so I'd love to have a simple 2 cd standalone version. Apparently that's not meant to be though, until some later reissue in a year or two.

It is a bit odd that there isn't a 2CD version, they seem to be giving more emphasis to vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'll just go for the free all-digital version (includes the concert film). I guess that's what the label intends, since the Deluxe, physical, non-vinyl versions are so limited.
    I hate to tell you this, Jed, but they're in business to make money, so they're doing what their analytics tell them is the most profit-driven approach. The CD packages are smaller and limited because they don't want to get caught holding the bag with unsold product. Always remember: We are dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I just bought the deluxe CD Box this morning. Seemed to have no problems. Same as the description from the OP (but only for the 2CD and 2BR discs)

Does one of the BR discs include a video of the show?
    You got that from the Porcupine Tree store rather than Burningshed or one of the other choices?
    I didn't have much trouble with the https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es except for it being a pre order and having heinous shipping. The 'deluxe' four disk set.
    I had bought the download from there last year and registered for the concert presale so I had an account.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    It is a bit odd that there isn't a 2CD version, they seem to be giving more emphasis to vinyl...
    I would purchase a 2CD version if available.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    You got that from the Porcupine Tree store rather than Burningshed or one of the other choices?
    I didn't have much trouble with the https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es except for it being a pre order and having heinous shipping. The 'deluxe' four disk set.
    I had bought the download from there last year and registered for the concert presale so I had an account.
    Burning Shed.

The Burningshed PT items under "Steven Wilson") keep showing up as out of stock, then available, then out of stock.

The Burningshed PT items under "Steven Wilson") keep showing up as out of stock, then available, then out of stock.
    First the closure, then the continuation, then the closure...