Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of Father Robin - The Songs & Tales of Airoea – Book II

The Chronicles of Father Robin - The Songs & Tales of Airoea – Book II

Part 2 is now up for pre-order on their Bandcamp. I figured these guys deserve their own thread at this point!

https://fatherrobin.bandcamp.com/alb...airoea-book-ii

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I love book one!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Indeed! I’ll definitely be picking it this up!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I really enjoyed their first release.
    It incorporated jethro tull via songs from the wood style ,and their singer reminds me of jon anderson.
    Looking forward to their new one.

Yeah, first one is very good. I'm in for the trilogy!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Book one certainly has me waiting for more. Release on December 8, so maybe we won't get the third and last book until next year.

I love the first release but then again I’m a huge fan of Wobbler. I’ve only been listening to it for a week and there is so much going on in each song that you hear something new with each listen. So happy to have some new prog music to listen to after another Steven Wilson disappointment.
    Last edited by KevMo50; 10-27-2023 at 02:49 PM.

The Trilogy arrives here from Norway this afternoon (vinyl box set). Pretty fast shipment. Better be for 34 Euros!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    The Trilogy arrives here from Norway this afternoon (vinyl box set). Pretty fast shipment. Better be for 34 Euros!
    Sweet! Looking forward to listening to Books II and III.

Quote Originally Posted by seatrain View Post
    and their singer reminds me of jon anderson.
    If you haven't, be sure to check out the last few Wobbler albums with Prestmo on them. They are excellent.

Yeesh. At this point, I'm just buying everything from Karisma. They're a label that has cultivated a style, and it's a style I like.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Beautiful set. A new level of fondling. Strange to release the complete trilogy on vinyl but drag out the CD releases. They hooked me tho…..IMG_4308.jpg
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Beautiful set. A new level of fondling. Strange to release the complete trilogy on vinyl but drag out the CD releases. They hooked me tho…..IMG_4308.jpg
    Enjoy, my friend!

The first one is great. I imagine the laser's edge will have book two for pre-order at some point. If not then bandcamp it is.

This would sound exceptional on vinyl. I'll have investigate that. Especially if I can get all 3 together. Thanks for the (Gary)heads up!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    Sweet! Looking forward to listening to Books II and III.
    Unboxing video!!

I’m looking forward to a concert where they perform all three volumes, and we get a Blu-Ray of it!

Damn. Box set sold out!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

^ Good for them, but did you check Wayside, Burning Shed, etc?

LE has the single LP as well as a few other sources. No box sets i can find.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

They only pressed 500 copies of the box set. There are 2 warehouses. Norway & Holland I think. One had 3 copies and one had 2. Go to Karisma site and click each warehouse.

Did the box set come with any kind of booklet with text that isn't included with the first individual CD (which I think came with only a 4-page insert, but I can't remember for sure). Wondering if there's some fully fleshed-out fantasy world and backstory we're missing out on if we've only bought the CD.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 10-29-2023 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    LE has the single LP as well as a few other sources. No box sets i can find.
    We sold out of the box set very quickly. Tried to restock but the band decided to keep the remaining inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Damn. Box set sold out!
    '

Contact Greg Walker at Syn-Phonic. It takes Greg a while to update his site. That's why the Box Set is not listed...yet.
    E-mail Greg and ask him if he has the Box Set. Greg will answer you within a day or two.

http://synphonicmusic.com/catalogs.html
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 10-29-2023 at 09:44 PM.

If I knew I had a shot at a box, I would certainly go that way but it seems book 2 will be out before anything else. Since I already have have book one, maybe it’s a matter of getting what you can while you can. The box would have been nice.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did the box set come with any kind of booklet with text that isn't included with the first individual CD (which I think came with only a 4-page insert, but I can't remember for sure). Wondering if there's some fully fleshed-out fantasy world and backstory we're missing out on if we've only bought the CD.
    I was thinking, when this music becomes more widely known, they would rethink the box sets and really make them something special. A lot could be done.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    I was thinking, when this music becomes more widely known, they would rethink the box sets and really make them something special. A lot could be done.
    Like releasing a box set of CDs! But I’ll already have bought all three CDs separately. Actually, I’m fine with buying the three CDs, because at least we’re not having to wait an additional two years or more to have all three disks.