Thread: First track from upcoming Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour

First track from upcoming Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour

Here's Aniluminescence 1! It's the first release from Church of Hed's upcoming album, The Fifth Hour! A deep space pulsar of electronic music featuring the Roli Lumi Keys & Moog's Animoog Z. Bob would've loved MPE!

The Fifth Hour is the second in Church of Hed's "Hour" series, featuring more immediate and improvisational music. The approach is not unlike the one used in Quarkspace's Spacefolds series. The Fifth Hour features long Berlin School synth explorations combined with small chunks o' weirdness like this track. Expect a few interesting guest appearances as well. I plan on releasing the album early in 2024 if not in time for ye Holiday Season.

Visuals: Jordan Rudess's Vythm

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

Here's another teaser from the upcoming Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour! This track features the ROLI Lumi Keys controlling Moog's Animoog Z. Experimental electronica in spacerock for your psychedelic travels! Actually, it reminds me a bit of Belew or Torn taking a deep dive; Animoog remains a top-shelf example of Moog's continued forward-looking work. Album drops early in 2024!

Quarkspace on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths

Here's a new stem from an upcoming Church of Hed aural travelogue along the Blue Ridge Parkway - in essence, Rivers of Asphalt Part 3. The Moog Model 15 run thru their MuRF Moogerfooger provides the sonics on iOS. Played using the Roli LumiKeys. Psychedelic electronic music for your road trip!

Additionally, I'm in final overdub mode on The Fifth Hour, the next release in Church of Hed's series of albums featuring improvisational and more immediate music, not unlike Quarkspace's Spacefolds series. In fact, this one could be called Spacefolds 13, in a sense. Very much a return to the stars. Stan Lyon and Camper Van Beethoven's Jonathan Segel are special guests! A digital release, expect it out in late Winter/early Spring.

Hit up quarkspace.bandcamp.com for some fresh downloads and CDs. Quarkspace, Church of Hed, and Natty Steam. Thanks for your support!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's a trippy stem from Church of Hed's upcoming Rivers of Asphalt aural travelogue down the Blue Ridge Parkway. This cut uses the iOS versions of Moog's Model 15 synth and MF-103S MoogerFooger phaser effect. Surreal electronic music for you! Thanks for listening and hit our Bandcamp page to support our work! Thanks!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's another fresh track, an unreleased B-side from the sessions for our next album, The Fifth Hour. It uses Geoshred thru the Eventide Audio Blackhole effect. A psychedelic drone for you to escape!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's Blue Spaceways, the first "single" from the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour (which drops next month)! Ambient chill spacerock and electronic music for you and you and you! This new release is definitely a return to space for me! Enjoy the peace!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's another fresh cut from the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour. Hyades Noir traces a path through outer space mixing spacerock, electronica, and the surreal. Jonathan Segel from Camper Van Beethoven guests on violin and guitar. Stan Lyon on bass!

Help up support this release by buying some downloads and merch (CDs) from our Bandcamp page. Thanks!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNefariousHED View Post
    Here's Blue Spaceways, the first "single" from the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour (which drops next month)! Ambient chill spacerock and electronic music for you and you and you! This new release is definitely a return to space for me! Enjoy the peace!

If the video was one second shorter it would be 4:20. Just sayin'. The tracks sound very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If the video was one second shorter it would be 4:20. Just sayin'. The tracks sound very cool!
    LOL! The song length is 4:20, YouTube added another second. The same case with The Sea and Golden Gate from The Father Road. If a track is close, I will alter the fades to ensure the 4:20 is respected!

Thanks for listening, Mr. Segel definitely graces this release. Camper Van Beethoven remains one of my favorite bands. My kinda prog!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

The title track from the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour, is based on a studio improv performed in this video from early 2020. A little mashup of tripped-out ambient spacerock and electronic music for you and you and you. A video of the new version drops this week! I plan on getting the album out by the Summer Solstice. It's getting close! Thanks for the continued support!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's the title track from the upcoming Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour. A surreal mix of synth minimalism and a mid-70s King Crimson suffering from an acute case of indiscipline. Jonathan Segel from Camper Van Beethoven guests on violin and bass! Psychedelic prog and spacerock meets electronic music for you and you and you! I am shooting for the album to drop before the Summer Solstice! Buy many downloads for all yer friends!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Another track from the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour, The Bells of Alpha Persei transverses deep space with billions of globules of astral threads for your listening pleasure. Thanks Dr. Sagan! This ambient psychedelic album drops next week. (Part of me wanted to call it Spacefolds 13 lol! It's very much in that classic Quarkspace vein!)

Quarkspace on Facebook