Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most number of shows attended of a tour ?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Most number of shows attended of a tour ?

We never "followed" a band a la Deadheads/Phish fans et als. but in the summer of '78 we did see Peter Gabriel three times on the '78 tour, including the two Halloween shows at the Paradise and at Kean College in Union NJ. We saw Steven Wilson's To The Bone at four venues over the course of a year. Frequently saw multiple Yes shows at MSG in the '70s.....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I saw Rush three times on the Counterparts tour.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I saw Rush three times on the Counterparts tour.
    Get out! I saw Rush three times on the Presto tour.

I saw Rush twice on consecutive nights on the Moving Pictures Tour. FM was the opening act. Yeah, I know... that's probably not all that impressive around these parts!

The eons are closing
    I never saw more than three shows for any band on any tour. But did it a couple of times for differing bands. Ex: ABWH at Constitution Hall DC, MSG and Jones Beach (where I think I met a pre-PE Vinnie TooTall)
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

In 1998 I saw three gigs each of Phish (three nights in a row) and Mike Keneally (once in the summer and twice in the fall).

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I saw Peter Gabriel in a warm up gig for Up in Paris. Phenomenal show in a very small setting. I saw the full tour in Montreal and Toronto, so 3 times.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    In 1998 I saw three gigs each of Phish (three nights in a row) and Mike Keneally (once in the summer and twice in the fall).
    I saw three shows on final Grateful Dead run 1994 at MSG, Oct 13, 14 and 17th - which was my final Dead show. Ends with Watchtower -> Morning Dew. Then Dylan comes out for encore of Rainy Day Women....
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I saw Rush twice on consecutive nights on the Moving Pictures Tour. FM was the opening act. Yeah, I know... that's probably not all that impressive around these parts!
    It is to me!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    If you did follow the Grateful Dead or Phish, how would you know when one tour ended and another began?
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Had tickets to see Van Der Graaf Generator for the 4th and 5th time in Krakow and Warsaw but alas they were cancelled at the last minute. I think most for me were Peter Hammill solo in italy, I think 5 times?
    But then again it had a justification, each set was completely different.

I saw Yes 6 times on the Open Your Eyes tour in '98 - best concert experiences ever. I saw them 3 times each on the The Ladder, the Symphonic tour and the 2003/2004 tours. Also 3 times each on ABWH and Union. I know of many that went to far more than me though.

I saw King Crimson five times in september 2015 (twice in London, thrice in Paris), and on eight more occasions in 2016-2019, the apex show of that period being Paris 2018, show 3, with a savage rendition of Larks' IV and the Lizard suite.

That will be one.
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

Just two for me and it only happened once, I saw Phish on back-to-back nights in Austin in 1995.

In the mid-70's saw Caravan on at least 5 times on their "Blind Dog..." tour.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    I saw King Crimson five times in september 2015 (twice in London, thrice in Paris), and on eight more occasions in 2016-2019, the apex show of that period being Paris 2018, show 3, with a savage rendition of Larks' IV and the Lizard suite.
    I saw them 4 times in that tour - twice in Birmingham and twice in Paris.
    Same trip was also the RIO festival in Albi, David Gilmour in Orange, and met Albert Marcoeur in his studio in the mixing stages of his last album... what a fantastic trip that was.

Twice would be it for me. In the late 70s, Genesis in Boston one night, in Providence on the other. Same for Springsteen in the late 70s, Providence one night, in Boston on the other.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I saw Satoko Fujii's "This Is It!" three times in a week in September 2018 (Guelph, Kingston, and Ottawa).

Did 4+ concerts in a tour but only once. Finally owning a car is the main thing that made it worthwhile enough. Was still listening to new albums by Marillion, and,so, being a fan since Script it'd be whatever their next tour is, which turned out to be the This Strange Engine tour, plus it being a fans-funded tour had suggested US tours might be less likely for them in the future, so that was the time to do it — I think it was 6 concerts in 5 cities because a city added an acoustic gig the same day. 1997 I think. One morning driving to the next city (Rochester I think, yes the concert of that rare live CD) I put on the radio and there was news of Princess Diana. Pretty sure that tour was the last time I saw a concert by them. My connection to their music is from the Fish years since 1983, without which I wouldn't have ended up doing such crazy 5 city thing that one time.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I own the Rochester CD for that tour.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I'm positive that I saw at least one band early on in a tour and then they added more shows when they swung back this way at the end of the tour, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe this should go in the geezer thread.

Saw Steven Wilson 2x on the Hand Cannot Erase Tour

I saw Yes twice on the Big Generator tour (87-88) which was my first time seeing them and twice in 2004. That's it for me though.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Saw Steven Wilson 2x on the Hand Cannot Erase Tour
    So did I, that was two nights on the trot at the Royal Albert Hall - wonderful shows. I also remember seeing both nights at Hammersmith for Marillion in '83 and 3 shows the following year for Fugazi, then two more at Hammersmith in December '84 when they released Real To Reel - all brilliant shows.