Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noteworthy reissues

Noteworthy reissues

Could we have a separate thread for all new reissues, CDs and LPs both (maybe even a sticky)? It is hard to track down everything that gets rereleased these days, so I personally am in need of such a place, where most (if not all) noteworthy prog reissues get mentioned. Otherwise one has to depend on luck in finding all these jewels.

To start with I would mention two great reissue LPs, both from Replica (Musea).

The first one is the French classic Et apr​è​s​.​.​. by Memoriance:

The second would be the first ever official reissue of Scented Gardens for The Blind by Dragon. I know there are sevaral prog bands using this name, but this one comes from New Zealand. Although it is also released on Replica/Musea (it's an LP), it's not on their Bandcamp page, but can directly be bought from Musea.

Here's the evidence: https://www.discogs.com/release/2732...-For-The-Blind

^ I'm surprised Aztec didn't do that one when they reissued Universal Radio.

Rascal Reporters - Ridin' On A Bummer

Was originally remixed in 2020 but updated recently due to advancements in audio tech

From MIG (germany): re-issue (on CD) of VISITOR 2035
    A rare and little know record who should please all jazz-rock/fusion afficionados.
    If you're dreaming of a vocal-less COLOSSEUM II this is the one for you. Same high level instrumental skill.

VIS.2035.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    A rare and little know record who should please all jazz-rock/fusion afficionados.
    If you're dreaming of a vocal-less COLOSSEUM II this is the one for you. Same high level instrumental skill.

VIS.2035.jpg
    Sounds cool. Reminds me also of Isotope:

VIS.2035.jpg
    I had this album downloaded from the Internet as very poor quality MP3. Glad it had been re-issued. Do you know where we can buy it? Found some on eBay. Would be curious to know whether our friends over at Laser Edge / Wayside have any plans of stocking it.
    Last edited by Zalmoxe; 07-26-2023 at 04:52 PM.

I announced this somewhere else, but two re-releases I recently bought are Aragorn - "The Suite"

and Stepps - "Waltz for Tiger Joe"

Both are legit releases on the Merry-Go-Round Records

1972 double album being re-released in late August. Features Eberhard Weber, John Marshall, Albert Mangelsdorff, etc.

CD
    https://www.dustygroove.com/item/152...t_order=artist

LP
    https://www.dustygroove.com/item/152...t_order=artist
    Attached Images Attached Images

From MIG (again !) A (3CD) 2023 reissue of the complete S.F.F (Schicke-Führs-Fröhling) works. These have been already re-issued before (on Esoteric) but here you have everything that they ever recorded, including the rare live and bonus tracks, all in a single (very) affordable package.
    A good opportunity if you don't know this german instrumental symphonic (trio) band. Their first ("Symphonic Pictures") is considered as one of the best ever record in that style. And NO, they are not another E.L.P clone.

SFF.1.jpg
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 07-26-2023 at 06:43 PM.

The eons are closing
    ^^sounds like it's time to sample
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    I had this album downloaded from the Internet as very poor quality MP3. Glad it had been re-issued. Do you know where we can buy it? Found some on eBay. Would be curious to know whether our friends over at Laser Edge / Wayside have any plans of stocking it.
    Its on order.

From MIG (again !) A (3CD) 2023 reissue of the complete S.F.F (Schicke-Führs-Fröhling) works. These have been already re-issued before (on Esoteric) but here you have everything that they ever recorded, including the rare live and bonus tracks, all in a single (very) affordable package.
    A good opportunity if you don't know this german instrumental symphonic (trio) band. Their first ("Symphonic Pictures") is considered as one of the best ever record in that style. And NO, they are not another E.L.P clone.

SFF.1.jpg
    Originally reissued by us.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Its on order.
    Good to know - will place a new order as soon as it comes in. Quite a few exciting releases (Aurora Clara, Chronicles of Father Robin, etc.) coming out in the next little while.

Also posted in a thread on Dutch progressive bands: The Pandorra Ensemble III will get a rerelease on 2-LP: https://www.lasercd.com/cd/iii-2lp-vinyl-preorder

M.I.G. have really some good releases (lots of rare live stuff too)

Totally forgotten German somewhat proggy Hard Rockers Gate (in a Jane direction)

SFF.1.jpg
    The 3 albums were also released on Lasers Edge and the Live was released on Nordsee Records.

The first album is great and it doesn't sound one inch like ELP. Just because the instruments are more or less the same, doesn't mean the music sounds the same. Symphonic pictures has a lot of Mellotron.

That first SFF album is fantastic! Anglagard borrowed heavily from them on their debut, Hybris.

First two SFF albums are total must haves, very original high class instrumental prog (there is hardly any better stuff in this direction)

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    The first album is great and it doesn't sound one inch like ELP. Just because the instruments are more or less the same, doesn't mean the music sounds the same. Symphonic pictures has a lot of Mellotron.
    Yes, totally, it's a "mistake" that is done quite often. I often see it regarding flute always describes as Tullesque.

Even the F&F album is good, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Even the F&F album is good, imo.
    Which one? There are several.
    I have: Ammerland and Strings on vinyl and Live 1980 on CD. There is also an album Diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Which one? There are several.
    I have: Ammerland and Strings on vinyl and Live 1980 on CD. There is also an album Diary.
    Ammerland

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Ammerland
    That one has an almost sidelong track.

There is also Spektakel, which had Eduard Schicke and Heinz Fröhling.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 07-29-2023 at 09:36 AM.

Of course the must have from M.I.G. is Mother's Finest at Rockpalast 78 (not Prog at all)

The days after the show was aired the vinyl sellers in Germany went crazy 'cause they had to send people home asking for Mother's Finest records
    every 5 minutes (the band was totally unknown here before)