Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Noteworthy reissues

Another great reissue being announced today. PQR is about to release on 1st of May on three different types of vinyl the classic US Prog album, Mirthrandir, For You The Old Women. (1976)

+ Bonus CD with previously unreleased live and studio tracks (!!!)

https://pqrrecords.blogspot.com/2024...andir-for.html

Progger for sure 😏
    De De Lind (I) - Io Non So Da Dove Vengo… (Mercury/Universal , 2021 I, 180g) (1972)

Well, this vinyl reissue is a couple of years old but certainly worth to notice, being one of very good quality, both cover and the sound, and at very good price - at least at its release when I bought it.

Four albums (except the debut) by Eela Craig are about to be released by MIG Records the last day of May.

Eela Craig set.jpg

The same four albums come also as Japanese mini-LP SHM-CDs by Belle Antique on May 25th.

Of these I have owned One Niter and Missa Universalis, which according to many are their best.

Panzerpappa have reissued their first three albums, all remastered and with a pair of bonus tracks on each. Two have them have new artwork as well. All available as both downloads and CDs. Panzerpappa have a long history of great albums, all instrumental and not obviously influenced by anyone else, much like Miriodor. They have a particular gift for melody, which is apparent even on these early albums. All on bandcamp from June 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    Four albums (except the debut) by Eela Craig are about to be released by MIG Records the last day of May.

Eela Craig set.jpg

The same four albums come also as Japanese mini-LP SHM-CDs by Belle Antique on May 25th.

Of these I have owned One Niter and Missa Universalis, which according to many are their best.
    Nice to have these re-issued at last on CD. Previous Eela Craig re-issues were either unavailable and/or very expensive.
    It's a shame the 1st one is not included though.

Also, just out from MIG Germany the complete recordings of FÜHRS & FRÖHLING (4 CD's).
    Strings was never re-issued on CD so far.
    Nice package.

FFCR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Also, just out from MIG Germany the complete recordings of FÜHRS & FRÖHLING (4 CD's).
    Nice package.
    FFCR.jpg
    Of those I only have Ammerland, and I'm not familiar with any of the others. Are they in similar vein?

I do enjoy Ammerland quite a bit when in the particular mood for that kind of thing.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    Panzerpappa have reissued their first three albums, all remastered and with a pair of bonus tracks on each. Two have them have new artwork as well. All available as both downloads and CDs. Panzerpappa have a long history of great albums, all instrumental and not obviously influenced by anyone else, much like Miriodor. They have a particular gift for melody, which is apparent even on these early albums. All on bandcamp from June 7th.
    I was about to make the same announcement - you beat me to it. This is fantastic news for people like me that have missed their first two albums which have been OOP for ages. Here is the new cover of Hulemysteriet:

The band offers the choice of purchasing all three albums in a bundle - this is only available on the Farlig Vandring page (or so I think). I took advantage of that and saved around 2 Euro in S&H fees for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Of those I only have Ammerland, and I'm not familiar with any of the others. Are they in similar vein?

I do enjoy Ammerland quite a bit when in the particular mood for that kind of thing.
    Ammerland is the quietest one but all others are similar: light instrumental tracks with nice keyboard/guitar interplay.
    My favorite is Strings (the magnbificent Open Valley)
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:08 PM.

having only their second of their first three, I'm up for it.

Nice to have these re-issued at last on CD. Previous Eela Craig re-issues were either unavailable and/or very expensive.
    It's a shame the 1st one is not included though.

I think their first two were reissued on Garden Of delights, but only have their debut, the rest being too symph-weenie for my tatebuds.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Another great reissue being announced today. PQR is about to release on 1st of May on three different types of vinyl the classic US Prog album, Mirthrandir, For You The Old Women. (1976)

+ Bonus CD with previously unreleased live and studio tracks (!!!)

https://pqrrecords.blogspot.com/2024...andir-for.html
    Too bad the reissue is only on vinyl with bonus CD. If relesed on 2 CDs it would be no brainer for me. Hope the remastered 2CD version will be eventually available, or at least the bonus CD released as a seperate item.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

I think their first two were reissued on Garden Of delights, but only have their debut, the rest being too symph-weenie for my tatebuds.
    The G.o.D reissues (1997 !) are OOP long ago and typically unavailable (at a reasonable price).

One Niter and Hats of Glass were re-issued as a compilation CD (with two missing tracks !) by Erdenklang (the two keyboardists label) but is discontinued too.

Their 1st was re-issued recently, but stupidly enough on vinyl ONLY. Well...

Thus the MIG boxset release is welcome. There are still many good things to be found in their 2nd and 3rd record, especially if you like keyboards driven symphonic rock. Much better actually than many similar bands of that era.
    I have much more mixed feelings about Missa Universalis though, which didn't aged well. They (Hubert Bognermayr & Harald Zuschrader) did much better later with their Bergpredict and (mostly) "Computerakustische Klangsinfonie" (the ONLY interesting "sampling" based record ever produced using only the early FAIRLIGHT C.M.I).
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 05-03-2024 at 09:21 PM.

Eela Craig set.jpg

I have all 4 of them on vinyl and the debut and the next 3 on CD, but One niter and Hats of glass are on one CD, with 2 pieces missing. I've seen them live once.

The G.o.D reissues (1997 !) are OOP long ago and typically unavailable (at a reasonable price).

One Niter and Hats of Glass were re-issued as a compilation CD (with two missing tracks !) by Erdenklang (the two keyboardists label) but is discontinued too.

Their 1st was re-issued recently, but stupidly enough on vinyl ONLY. Well...

Thus the MIG boxset release is welcome. There are still many good things to be found in their 2nd and 3rd record, especially if you like keyboards driven symphonic rock. Much better actually than many similar bands of that era.
    I have much more mixed feelings about Missa Universalis though, which didn't aged well. They (Hubert Bognermayr & Harald Zuschrader) did much better later with their Bergpredict and (mostly) "Computerakustische Klangsinfonie" (the ONLY interesting "sampling" based record ever produced using only the early FAIRLIGHT C.M.I).
    Well I have Erdenklang on vinyl, which came with an endorsment by Wendy Carlos. And I have Erdenklang, Bergpredigt and Sternenklang (which I think is the least interesting of the 3)

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Too bad the reissue is only on vinyl with bonus CD. If relesed on 2 CDs it would be no brainer for me. Hope the remastered 2CD version will be eventually available, or at least the bonus CD released as a seperate item.
    Hear, hear!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Nice package.

FFCR.jpg
    It's a shame Spektakel is not included though. LOL. I happen to have JUST listened to it before reading this...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Nice package.

FFCR.jpg
    It's a shame Spektakel is not included though. LOL. I happen to have JUST listened to it before reading this...

Yeah, it isn't bery chic of the label for not doing it.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Will these be proper CDs? The last time I ordered from their bandcamp I received a CDr without warning.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Will these be proper CDs? The last time I ordered from their bandcamp I received a CDr without warning.
    I think all three of their first albums were CDr, because self-released.

It's not like you git a pirate copy or sumtin'.

It wasn't of one of their first three albums. Also, their third was released as a proper CD as a non self released item (I've owned that one for some time now). I've never heard the first two, but I am very interested to do so.

I don't enjoy the deception of a CD/CDr. Also, I don't want to pay CD prices for CDr products.

That third album Farlig Vandring is my favourite by them and one of my all time favourite avant records. I need a legit copy so this is great news.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The S.F.F "Complete Recordings" (also from MIG) would have been a better place to include Spektakel since Führs was not a member of Spektakel and Schike left S.F.F which (logically) became Führs & Fröhling.

Regarding the above mentioned F & F set I must mention there's a manufacturing issue: the CD label printings are inverted between CD2 and CD3 : the CD labelled "Live" is actually "Diary", and conversely. Not a big deal, but better to know it.
    I contacted MIG and got a prompt reply from Tanja : they are aware of the issue (which happened at the pressing plant) which will be corrected in the next production run (if they ever made one).
    Also, the look of this set is very disapointing: gone is the big sturdy double/triple CD plastic jewell box (like the SFF or Satin Whale boxes), replaced by a thin flimsy 3 panels cardboard sleeve. It's so tight that it's practically impossible to extract the center (#2) CD without tearing it apart. No booklet included either.
    I was accustomed to much better from MIG but as Tanya said in her reply: "but the main thing is, that the music is correct".... (which it is indeed)
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:05 PM.

Well after listening to both of Panzerpapper's first two (for the first time) I decided to take the risk and preorder the three cd bundle. If they are CDrs I'm afraid I will go all Karen as paying over 50 euros for CDrs is insanity.

Ammerland is the quietest one but all others are similar: light instrumental tracks with nice keyboard/guitar interplay.
    My favorite is Strings (the magnbificent Open Valley)
    Thanks. I find myself a bit on the fence over this one, will have to check out the other albums on the ‘tube.

Bought that like a shot! Thanks for the tip.

Coming soon ( june 7th) from Cherry Red/Esoteric :

NEW 3CD CLAMSHELL BOX SET FEATURING ALL THE ALBUMS RECORDED BY THE UNIQUE PROGRESSIVE ROCK BAND CARMEN BETWEEN 1973 AND 1975.
    FEATURING THE ALBUMS ‘FANDANGOS IN SPACE’, ‘DANCING ON A COLD WIND’ AND ‘THE GYPSIES’.
    WITH AN ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET FEATURING A NEW ESSAY.

These were long OOP and hard to find albums of this obscure "Flamenco-Prog" band.

carmen-the-albums-cover.jpg