Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Noteworthy reissues

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    Or you can visit their page on Bandcamp and listen to their albums: https://pqr-disquesplusquerel.bandcamp.com/music

A great, relatively new reissue label. I have bought so far Bubu, Anabelas (both on LP and CD), Rialzu, Eternidad, Alas, Kracq, Tempano and Skryvania.
    To bad that Krack album is only available on vinyl and for a pretty high prize. € 33.99 is a bit to steep for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    To bad that Krack album is only available on vinyl and for a pretty high prize. € 33.99 is a bit to steep for my taste.
    But it also includes an extra CD of live and unreleased material. PM me if you would like to hear it ;-)

Coming in December by Arcangelo Japan 5 mini-LP CDs by Harvester/International Harvester:

Hemåt
    Sov Gott Rose Marie
    Remains 1, 2 & 3

https://www.juno.co.uk/labels/Arcangelo+Japan/

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but Laser Edge has an album called "Lutello" by a German band Virgo. I must confess that I never heard of them before, but this album (their third, according to RYM) is quite good. It has been released on CD by a Polish label named Chickadisc (?!?!?). Since Ken is selling it, I'll take it's an official release.

Anyway, head over to YT - the entire album can be streamed, track by track. Here is the first one:

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Not sure if anyone else saw it, but Laser Edge has an album called "Lutello" by a German band Virgo. I must confess that I never heard of them before, but this album (their third, according to RYM) is quite good. It has been released on CD by a Polish label named Chickadisc (?!?!?). Since Ken is selling it, I'll take it's an official release.

Anyway, head over to YT - the entire album can be streamed, track by track. Here is the first one:

They made 4 albums and there is another German group with the same name.

How are the first two compared to "Lutello"? All three have very good marks on RYM. The 4th one is a little further below. It would be nice if this Chick-Fil-A label would release more of them.

Earlier albums are very good but more in the electric jazz mode vs jazzrock/fusion.

Didn't know this band (never really was into German music, with some exceptions), but I really like this one (at least this track). Ordered from IndependentMusicMarket.com in Polen.

It has been released on CD by a Polish label named Chickadisc (?!?!?). Since Ken is selling it, I'll take it's an official release.
    Definitely legit. Chickadisc is a sublabel of GAD Records. As far as I can tell all their Polish reissues appear under the GAD flag and anything from outside Poland is released on Chickadisc.

MIG Records has released a box of five Satin Whale albums, including their best Desert Places and Lost Mankind:

http://www.mig-music.de/releases/satin-whale/

MIG Records has released a box of five Satin Whale albums, including their best Desert Places and Lost Mankind:

Another interesting 2023 release from MIG is "P'COCK ,I.C Years", a double CD box including "The Prophet" and "In'Cognito".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Another interesting 2023 release from MIG is "P'COCK ,I.C Years", a double CD box including "The Prophet" and "In'Cognito".
    What are they like? Never heard their albums.

Thank you for the link! Unfortunately I did not like what I heard (kind of lightweight to my tastes). But on a positive side, I found, while listening on YT to P'cock, Earthstar's French Skyline, which is really really good. Had never heard that.

Thank you for the link! Unfortunately I did not like what I heard (kind of lightweight to my tastes). But on a positive side, I found, while listening on YT to P'cock, Earthstar's French Skyline, which is really really good. Had never heard that.
    I have that Earthstar album. Wasn't really impressed when I bought it. Bought it because of the large amount of keyboards in the line-up.

And, btw, this same MIG Records has just released all Earthstar albums as a Collected Works 5 CD set. Most of the albums (except French Skyline) have never been issued on CD. And the fifth CD is a previously unreleased album:

http://www.mig-music.de/en/releases/earthstar-2/

I think French Skyline is superb!

Yes, they were on the lighter side of last generation (early 80ies) "modern" prog but should please Pink Floyd and (mostly) Eloy fans.

I especially like the long instrumental crescendo sequencer space-rock section in this track (starting at 4'30").

Maybe you should try again ?

Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 12-06-2023 at 10:06 PM.

And, btw, this same MIG Records has just released all Earthstar albums as a Collected Works 5 CD set. Most of the albums (except French Skyline) have never been issued on CD. And the fifth CD is a previously unreleased album:

Indeed it is ! (and there are nice things to be found in other Earthstar records too , unless you can't stand massive use of synths)

Fantastic to see these rare records re-issued on CD. Immediate buy as soon as it will be available.

MIG are doing a great work and I think we can expect more good things to come from them in 2024.
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 12-06-2023 at 11:07 PM.

I have the first 2 P'Cock albums. Not great, but definitely good.

Nice to see, that first Earthstar has been hard to find at a reasonable price.

And a second volume is coming soon with rarities and unreleased (on CD) material:

"The second box set includes the soundtrack “Die Faust In Der Tasche” (1979, starring Manfred Krug and Ursula Monn), the live double album “Whalecome” and a remix album, for which Conny Plank was responsible. The novelty: Except for the 1974 Nova album “Lost Mankind”, all albums of SATIN WHALE have never been available on CD or digitally as streaming or download! "

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Yes, they were on the lighter side of last generation (early 80ies) "modern" prog but should please Pink Floyd and (mostly) Eloy fans.

I especially like the long instrumental crescendo sequencer space-rock section in this track (starting at 4'30").

Maybe you should try again ?
    Yes, this is slightly better, but still not my cup (and I'm not a fan of PF either).

This had been the reissue of the year for me.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2801...us-Avantgarde-
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

including their best Desert Places and Lost Mankind:
    The only ones worth owning i.m.o.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    This had been the reissue of the year for me.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2801...us-Avantgarde-
    Seconded.

This one just arrived at Chez Walt and i'm stoked to dive in,especially the titles i've never owned.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2911...ds-Collection-
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide