Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Noteworthy reissues

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    From MIG (germany): re-issue (on CD) of VISITOR 2035
    A rare and little know record who should please all jazz-rock/fusion afficionados.
    If you're dreaming of a vocal-less COLOSSEUM II this is the one for you. Same high level instrumental skill.

Attachment 17063
    Got this one in the box today. Great album. I had never heard of this band before, so thanks for posting about it.
    It's interesting to see on Discogs where these musicians went after this (https://www.discogs.com/release/2774...Visitor-2035); especially keyboardplayer Craig Pruess became a very prolific musician/producer/arranger etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post

There is also Spektakel, which had Eduard Schicke and Heinz Fröhling.
    One of my very favorites from Germany.

ReR is reissuing Musica Urbana and Feliu i Joan Albert in September.

https://www.rermegacorp.com/mm5/merc...&Store_Code=RM

https://www.rermegacorp.com/mm5/merc...&Store_Code=RM
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Both Musica Urbana albums are among the best Spain has to offer. Feliu i Joan Albert has one world class track the rest is very good to ok.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Also posted in a thread on Dutch progressive bands: The Pandorra Ensemble III will get a rerelease on 2-LP: https://www.lasercd.com/cd/iii-2lp-vinyl-preorder
    This is a great one, and undoubtedly the last chance to fetch it.

Few were ever lucky to see anything near an original vinyl copy outside the Benelux. As with, for instance, Sloche in Québec, the HET totally overrides simplest impression and prejudice - this album merges superlative visionary creativity within its domain (somewhere halfway between '74 KCrim and Samla) and the coolest drive/funk catch imaginable, achieving something beyond the "known" yet all the more releasing of its singular artistic morals. A complete classic of obscurity, as I hear.

The community/scene/movement will perhaps not go bananas in its skit-lit lite pajamas, but the world is still richer with a -new- vinyl rendition of anything as stupendous as this.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Just saw that Paisley Press in Germany has rereleased on CD this US prog classic from 1976:

R-27517182-1687957859-2032.jpg

Ethos, Ardour

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    Just saw that Paisley Press in Germany has rereleased on CD this US prog classic from 1976:

R-27517182-1687957859-2032.jpg

Ethos, Ardour
    Paisley Press is a pirate!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Paisley Press is a pirate!
    Are you sure? These should be the same guys that released the England albums, and these are legit, as far as I can tell. Discogs tells about PP: The status of this label is currently in dispute ... But you can still buy or sell their stuff there, which is not the case with purely unofficial releases.

I'm gonna buy this from NuMusi.de, as I have been too long without this album.

Would love to see Wolfgang Dauner's Et Cetera ‎– Live (1973 - Double Album) reissued (on CD). Luckily Knirsch was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAq-6XeIoEU

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    This is a great one, and undoubtedly the last chance to fetch it.

Few were ever lucky to see anything near an original vinyl copy outside the Benelux. As with, for instance, Sloche in Québec, the HET totally overrides simplest impression and prejudice - this album merges superlative visionary creativity within its domain (somewhere halfway between '74 KCrim and Samla) and the coolest drive/funk catch imaginable, achieving something beyond the "known" yet all the more releasing of its singular artistic morals. A complete classic of obscurity, as I hear.

The community/scene/movement will perhaps not go bananas in its skit-lit lite pajamas, but the world is still richer with a -new- vinyl rendition of anything as stupendous as this.
    It is indeed beautiful, purposeless and very enjoyable as all good late 70's prog is. Had never heard about it for some reason.
    Last edited by Zappathustra; 08-02-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Would love to see Wolfgang Dauner's Et Cetera ‎– Live (1973 - Double Album) reissued (on CD). Luckily Knirsch was.

Insane album

I would like to see the Release Music Orchestra albums reissued on CD. I only have a live-album.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    Are you sure? These should be the same guys that released the England albums, and these are legit, as far as I can tell. Discogs tells about PP: The status of this label is currently in dispute ... But you can still buy or sell their stuff there, which is not the case with purely unofficial releases.

I'm gonna buy this from NuMusi.de, as I have been too long without this album.
    The numusi guy is the head behind this lable. He actually came from the legit side of reissuing but founded many (MAAAANNNY) Pirate lables.
    Some of those do some legit stuff too, it's sometimes hard to tell what is what, but most stuff is pirated.

Also posted in a thread on Dutch progressive bands: The Pandorra Ensemble III will get a rerelease on 2-LP: https://www.lasercd.com/cd/iii-2lp-vinyl-preorder
    Heard some tracks from this and had to order it! Sounds fabulous, reminds me of the so-called 'Canterbury Sound' in places.

Skryvania gonna be rereleased September 10 as an LP + bonus CD by PQR

The ultra rare (and priced accordingly !) belgian ALAIN BURO's "Fume c'est du Belge" 1975 LP has been re-issued on CD last year by Paisley Press.
    Doubtful legitimacy (PP's status on Discogs currently in dispute), but a great record.

A.Buro.jpg
    A.Buro.2.jpg
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 08-21-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post

They did a live one? The year after Knirsch. Just looked it up on Discogs and only Dauner is left from Knirsch along with Braceful but his drumming coming out of the left speaker and a Serb Jazz drummer coming out of the right(or visa versa). I heard Braceful left to form Exmagma when Et Cetera started going into more of a Jazz direction. I'd buy this if it was reissued.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Guerssen Out-Syder released Apocalypse's "The Castle" album on vinyl last year. The album was originally released in 1976. There is a legit, very limited edition on CD:

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Guerssen Out-Syder released Apocalypse's "The Castle" album on vinyl last year. The album was originally released in 1976. There is a legit, very limited edition on CD:

Nice. It looks like a CDr though.

Nice. It looks like a CDr though.
    I saw that too. I ordered it anyway. Will report back on the quality of the CD, once it arrives in the mail.

From Esoteric/Cherry Red (release date sept. 29th)

HIGH TIDE, complete Liberty recordings (3CD boxset)
    That's everything they recorded (and more)

HTD.01.jpg
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 09-11-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Coming Nov 10th on Svart the first ever vinyl reissue of Pekka Pohjola's Heavy Jazz. Live In Helsinki (2 LPs)

This link may provide some good information about reissues to many a fine folks here: https://pqrrecords.blogspot.com/

That is the label that has recently released the Skryvania LP/CD combo

Or you can visit their page on Bandcamp and listen to their albums: https://pqr-disquesplusquerel.bandcamp.com/music

A great, relatively new reissue label. I have bought so far Bubu, Anabelas (both on LP and CD), Rialzu, Eternidad, Alas, Kracq, Tempano and Skryvania.