Thread: John Lodge: Days of Future Passed – My Sojourn

John Lodge: Days of Future Passed – My Sojourn

John Lodge and band, including son-in-law/Yes frontman Jon Davison, are on tour playing all of The Moody Blues' Days of Future Passed live. In conjunction, they've also recorded a new version of the album called Days of Future Passed – My Sojourn. It's available digitally now. Physical release will come later through Lodge's website.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I saw them a few months ago in Annapolis. Was a really great show.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I saw the last show of the first leg of the US tour at the Coachella Valley Symphony on March 26 at the Rancho Mirage Amphitheater in Rancho Mirage, California. It was the only date on the tour that featured an orchestra.

The show was spectacular (as expected) but with a couple of disappointments.

The opening video of "Days..." recited by Graeme Edge was pre-recorded of course, but the music was also pre-recorded with the orchestra on-stage just sitting there not playing. Very odd to say the least. This show also included 3 Moodies songs...Isn't Life Strange, I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band) and Ride My See-Saw.

However at all other gigs on this part of the US tour, Lodge and band (no orchestra) played an additional 7 song set of Moodies/Blue Jays tunes. These songs were not played for some unknown reason. The entire show was about 1 hour 20 minutes. Needless to say the additional songs were sorely missed. But I still had a great time. Lodge and band sounded excellent.
    Last edited by progcd54; 07-20-2023 at 02:38 PM.
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Mr. Lodge turned 80 yesterday
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I think Days Of Future Passed works best as a sixties period piece. Take the sixties out of it and it doesn’t really stand up all that well.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I think Days Of Future Passed works best as a sixties period piece. Take the sixties out of it and it doesn’t really stand up all that well.
    I strongly disagree with that. Unlike a lot of their subsequent albums, that were dragged down by hippy-dippy nonsense and lame attempts at «rocking», Days is a very consistent album where the actual songwriting matches the orchestral ambitions. Imo this was the strongest Moodies album until Long Distance Voyager, where they again remembered the joy of a good song and left the lysergic nonsense behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    I strongly disagree with that.
    I agree with your disagreement.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I have John's 10,000 light years album and love it. Also the DVD tour in support of that album, plus his live Royal Affair on vinyl.
    All are wonderful, and highly recommended. His band is amazing!
    What a fantastic entertainer, and he's still a Moody Blues at heart, and just represents that time of peace and love in so many ways.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457