Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: YES Announces 'Classic Tales Of Yes' Fall 2023 U.S. Tour

YES Announces 'Classic Tales Of Yes' Fall 2023 U.S. Tour

FFS... Can they really *never* book a date in Iowa? Kansas sells out 2000+ seat theaters every year or two, Styx does really well here. Etc...

How many people will see that tour name and think they're playing "Tales"?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    How many people will see that tour name and think they're playing "Tales"?
    I am assuming that it means they will play at least something from TfTO.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

They have played Ritual most recently. Revealing is nice but I would love to hear all of The Remembering or The Ancient instead of just the Leaves of Green section. Would be cool to hear the title track of the new album as well. Maybe To Be Over from the thrice scrapped Relayer album tour?

No Atlanta date.

Would’ve like to see the Roger Dean exhibit.

Nashville presale code is TALES.
    Anyone know more codes--looking for Cincinatti!

Will catch this in either Philly or New Brunswick. I did see that they are doing the $285 VIP offers for New Brunswick, for those that need Yes coasters...

One Premium reserved seat in the first 6 rows
    Limited Edition Roger Dean Print
    Exclusive Yes Coaster Set
    Yes Tote Bag
    Commemorative Tour laminate

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    Revealing is nice but I would love to hear all of The Remembering or The Ancient instead of just the Leaves of Green section.
    We're never, ever going to get those. What might be cool, and even a little realistic, would be a medley incorporating parts of all four sides, along the lines of what Howe did on Not Necessarily Acoustic, only with the full band. It would probably still include only the "Leaves of Green" bit from side 3, but at least there would be some context.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    We're never, ever going to get those. What might be cool, and even a little realistic, would be a medley incorporating parts of all four sides, along the lines of what Howe did on Not Necessarily Acoustic, only with the full band. It would probably still include only the "Leaves of Green" bit from side 3, but at least there would be some context.
    You are probably correct here. It could be fun. As part of the Steven Wilson Tales remix there is a section where each of the four songs are cut down to much shorter lengths. I sometimes listen to these together and think it might also be interesting to hear live.

I realize The Remembering is a pipe dream. I listen to a boot from the real Tales tour from early 1974 from time to time and every time I listen to The Remembering on that audience recording, I think that the dynamics of that song would really suit the current band, especially Davison.

Meanwhile the European tour remains 'postponed' with no word in months. Sounds like the 'insurance issue' was just the reason 'made public' according to Steve Howe so who knows what's really going on? Maybe they'll wait a bit longer then cancel the whole thing and hope that no one notices...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    They have played Ritual most recently. Revealing is nice but I would love to hear all of The Remembering or The Ancient instead of just the Leaves of Green section. Would be cool to hear the title track of the new album as well. Maybe To Be Over from the thrice scrapped Relayer album tour?
    They've said they will play something from Tales. "The Remembering" has been rumoured. They've hinted that they'll play something from Relayer too. They've talked of 2 songs from the new album.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Meanwhile the European tour remains 'postponed' with no word in months. Sounds like the 'insurance issue' was just the reason 'made public' according to Steve Howe so who knows what's really going on? Maybe they'll wait a bit longer then cancel the whole thing and hope that no one notices...
    They've confirmed some 2024 European dates and definitely cancelled others... but, yes, it's not good that there's a bunch of dates in limbo.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Yes usually comes to Toronto and Montreal. Not sure why they are ignoring Canada. My friend and I went to see Yes in Ottawa about 15 years ago in our big Stadium. It was sparsely filled. Maybe a 1,000 people for a 20,000 seat venue. We both said that was the end to Yes in Ottawa. We were right.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

On drums (per ad)…Alan White.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Yes usually comes to Toronto and Montreal. Not sure why they are ignoring Canada. My friend and I went to see Yes in Ottawa about 15 years ago in our big Stadium. It was sparsely filled. Maybe a 1,000 people for a 20,000 seat venue. We both said that was the end to Yes in Ottawa. We were right.
    The arena show was in 2003. They've been back to Ottawa since then, but at the NAC's Southam Hall.

The evening will begin with an on-site presentation by world-renowned English artist and designer Roger Dean
    So is Roger going to have a canvas and easel set up on stage and do a little painting demo before Yes comes on, sort of like Bob Ross?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Anyone wondering why a band is "ignoring" an area, ask that area's local promoter(s) why they are not making offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    So is Roger going to have a canvas and easel set up on stage and do a little painting demo before Yes comes on, sort of like Bob Ross?
    Fluffy little rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by IncogNeato View Post
    Anyone wondering why a band is "ignoring" an area, ask that area's local promoter(s) why they are not making offers.
    I was watching an interview with Crown Lands and they said the reason they couldn't do an American tour was because of the eye watering cost of work visa's to go into America. The same may be true when going from America to Canada and even though Yes may be a bigger band they have to offset all these costs by selling a lot of tickets.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    No Atlanta date.

Would’ve like to see the Roger Dean exhibit.
    We keep getting Rick Wakeman in Atlanta, but no Yes performance since 2018. Unfortunately I missed the Jon Anderson/Rock Academy show last year.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

I think a really nice deep cut for this tour would be spring - song of innocence. I know many of the yesmen did it at the Alan white tribute but given Howe played on it originally would be nice to see him on it and a good tribute for Alan this tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I was watching an interview with Crown Lands and they said the reason they couldn't do an American tour was because of the eye watering cost of work visa's to go into America. The same may be true when going from America to Canada and even though Yes may be a bigger band they have to offset all these costs by selling a lot of tickets.
    Which also means the guarantee/fee they get is bigger, which means some promoters can't afford to book them.

The more it costs for the band to tour (fuel, lodging, bus rental, flights, Visas, insurance, employed crew, etc), the more they charge to play, which means the more the promoters charge for tickets, the merch costs are higher, etc.

It may also be that Howe doesn't want to do as lengthy a tour as he used to.