Thread: New Band with Eric Gillette

New Band with Eric Gillette

https://www.loudersound.com/news/die...new-band-temic

Eric plays in the Neal Morse Band, and Diego was a long time member of Haken, although he left Haken a couple of years ago. I'm not familiar with the other 2 band members.

Anybody who listens to the Neal Morse Band knows how talented Eric is! He is a fantastic guitar player and a very gifted singer as well! He has been given some of the "pimp spots" on the most recent NMB albums too. I'm definitely going to pick this one up.

He is a fantastic guitar player and a very gifted singer as well
    Don't forget about Eric's top-level drumming skills.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    Don't forget about Eric's top-level drumming skills.
    I wish I was that talented! And he's also released a soundtrack/symphony type recording as well, so he has some keyboarding skills. I think he's really benefitted from playing in the NMB and learning from such accomplished musicians and songwriters. Not everybody would grow as much as he has in this position, but he's really embraced it. I heard their first single, and it's really good. I like Diego a lot too. It kind of reminds me of a Leprous kind of project, but heavier. It's got some of that more modern, European prog/metal sound.

Cool, I loved Diego with Haken. I'm not familiar with Gillette, but I'll take your guys word for it!

I was listening their album Temic. I had to spin it few times to get into. It's not bad. I found too much similitud to Leprous. Though I found that there is not too much breathing room in the record... could it be too much compression?

I love keyboards intro in "friendly File" though reminds me to 80's UK ("Nothing to Lose"). Again, the only bad thing to me in the amount of compression, if it is not the case please someone explain.

Did anybody else heard the album?
    Last edited by rickm; 02-18-2024 at 09:56 PM.