Side Three (17:38)
    8. Seasons End 5:26
    9. Scars 5:27
    10. Stronghold 6:45

Side Four (18:16)
    11. Father Sky 3:06
    12. Day For Peace 3:10
    13. Look At You Now 12:00
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Looking forward to it.

Does anybody know if the 2043 Roine Stolt remix/remaster is out yet?

Quite the eye opening album cover!

edit: I will listen to this as I do all of their records because I enjoy Roine’s playing. If I’m being honest, very few FK albums end up sticking with me. I always assume this is down to me but I try again with every new record and yet, when I want to listen to FK I inevitably go back to the first four.

Any FK super fans here have a favorite album among the releases that came out after say Adam and Eve? If I had to guess, I would say that I have returned to Islands more often than most of their recent albums but I suspect this might be because I like looking at the album cover. It reminds me of a sunny Relayer.
    Last edited by Aquatarkus; 07-06-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I was just going to say the cover is awesome!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I was just going to say the cover is awesome!
    Not fan of "me too posts" - but loved it so much I had to do it anyway! agree - the full on spirit of a prog cover!

v

As always, I'm ready for it.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Agree about the cover, really amazing looking. But what are these "sides" the OP speaks of? Actually, seems like a pretty short double album by this band's standards. All four sides could just about fit on 1 CD.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    Agree about the cover, really amazing looking. But what are these "sides" the OP speaks of? Actually, seems like a pretty short double album by this band's standards. All four sides could just about fit on 1 CD.
    Yes, and a lot of 3 to 5 minute (or so) tracks, which doesn't bode well for the progressive aspect. Just my take on it. I mean, wouldn't it be nice if there was a suite or two somewhere on sides 1 to 3? I'm probably the only one here who would hope for something bombastic from this band, at this point.

Very excited for this!

Big lineup changes so how will this affect the style and sound?

Jonas Reingold era ends - Michael Stolt returns full time
    Zach Kamins era ends - Lalle Larsson era begins

The tracklist isn't what I expected as both Mirko and Roine said there would be 1 or 2 longs songs, like 20 minute songs. So I suspect these songs will flow into each other and these are maybe the suite sections? "Garden of Dreams" is technically 18 songs afterall. :-)

The opening track will premiere tomorrow for those that want a sneak peak :

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    Any FK super fans here have a favorite album among the releases that came out after say Adam and Eve? If I had to guess, I would say that I have returned to Islands more often than most of their recent albums but I suspect this might be because I like looking at the album cover. It reminds me of a sunny Relayer.
    Favorite post A&E album?? Wow - really tough to say - maybe Desolation Rose

OK. So no 20 minute track as promised? :'( Don't judge a book by its cover they say but the titles of the songs sounds as stock as they can possibly be. xD "The Light in Your Eyes ?" What is this? A Twoface tribute?
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    OK. So no 20 minute track as promised? :'( Don't judge a book by its cover they say but the titles of the songs sounds as stock as they can possibly be. xD "The Light in Your Eyes ?" What is this? A Twoface tribute?
    “Beginners Eyes” and “Dr. Ribedeaux” sound like stock titles? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    “Beginners Eyes” and “Dr. Ribedeaux” sound like stock titles? Really?
    Well, these are exceptions. ;p

BTW I wonder if the abscence of Zach Kamins will result in less of a "supersaws & orchestral patches" keyboard sound. I always liked Roine and Lalle's synth textures.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Favorite post A&E album?? Wow - really tough to say - maybe Desolation Rose
    Appreciate the recommendation very much!

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Very excited for this!

Big lineup changes so how will this affect the style and sound?

Jonas Reingold era ends - Michael Stolt returns full time
    Zach Kamins era ends - Lalle Larsson era begins

The tracklist isn't what I expected as both Mirko and Roine said there would be 1 or 2 longs songs, like 20 minute songs. So I suspect these songs will flow into each other and these are maybe the suite sections? "Garden of Dreams" is technically 18 songs afterall. :-)

The opening track will premiere tomorrow for those that want a sneak peak :

I've been complaining about trivial shit a lot recently. But damn, this song is so good!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Any FK super fans here have a favorite album among the releases that came out after say Adam and Eve?
    From my perspective the three albums with Zach Kamins increased in strength with each successive release. I listened to By Royal Decree a ton. So I'd pick that one and Banks of Eden as the two strongest since A&E.
    <sig out of order>

Any FK super fans here have a favorite album among the releases that came out after say Adam and Eve?

For me, both Desolation Rose and Paradox Hotel are top notch albeit very different from each other. Love them both!!

Wow. Kind of a weird album cover. I hope the music is just as interesting.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

From the band's Facebook post:

With its vintage vibes, and the warm and inviting sounds that are reminiscent of legendary and classic 70's albums – Look At You Now is all about the invention of grandiose soundscapes and that analog feel that will transport you to a bygone era of rock with swirling synths & guitars and thematic long-form pieces.

Qobuz just listed it. It will be available in resolutions up to 24/96.

BTW I wonder if the abscence of Zach Kamins will result in less of a "supersaws & orchestral patches" keyboard sound. I always liked Roine and Lalle's synth textures.
    While I am a big fan of Zach and what he brought to the band, I have also always liked Roine and Lalle's keyboard/synth sound choices.

I've been complaining about trivial shit a lot recently. But damn, this song is so good!
    We all do from time to time. I'm really keen to hear the new song!
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    From my perspective the three albums with Zach Kamins increased in strength with each successive release. I listened to By Royal Decree a ton. So I'd pick that one and Banks of Eden as the two strongest since A&E.
    I feel the exact same way actually.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

regarding epics - Roine replied to a comment on FB where someone rudely called him a liar

Roine:
    It has epics - we've just cut/divided as separate tracks to be able to handle all mixes etc. - XX - but it is just same tactics as -'Garden Of Dreams' our 60 min 'epic' - So the question is; is the length more important than the actual content/music ?? - it's all the same experience.