Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TULL: The Broadsword and the Beast 40th anniversary Monster Edition September 1st

For the cheapskates in the audience Import CD's has the CD/DVD version of the box set at $67 USD delivered (including shipping + taxes), Amazon comes to $87 even with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    For the cheapskates in the audience Import CD's has the CD/DVD version of the box set at $67 USD delivered (including shipping + taxes), Amazon comes to $87 even with free shipping.
    Thanks for that. This worked out $AUD15 cheaper than Burning Shed for me.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Yesh, that's where I ordered mine!

Thanks! I just switched to it from Amazon.

The LP's are there too....alas, only $8.00 less than MSRP.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Someone said it's $80 on Amazon, I've bought the entire Tull set so far on Import CD's for what I've found is the best price, pretty sure the pattern will continue with this one.
    Or F Amazon and pre- order from a Lasers Edge. Always, Always support you Independent Merchant. F Bezos

I've heard this album a million times and I don't need to buy this.

So of course I pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    I've heard this album a million times and I don't need to buy this.

So of course I pre-ordered.
    LOL.

My promo set of this Beastie arrived today! She's a beaut.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My promo set of this Beastie arrived today! She's a beaut.
    And it will cost you several hours of hard labor!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It will indeed... there's a lot to go through here.

An advanced word of warning: the discs are very tight in place, and I found them difficult to remove from the plastic clips. I was worried I was going to break the discs in fact! So I'm keeping them in a CD wallet full of other box set discs.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

An advanced word of warning: the discs are very tight in place, and I found them difficult to remove from the plastic clips. I was worried I was going to break the discs in fact! So I'm keeping them in a CD wallet full of other box set discs.
    Are the clips any different from the style used on the last couple of book sets?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Are the clips any different from the style used on the last couple of book sets?
    Yes. The previous ones have those four corner-style, you know the ones that a finger or thumb will fit into, and the discs lift out easily (for me). This set has those little plastic clips that I personally always have trouble with (see the Esoteric boxes for Ant Phillips and Tony Banks, for example, also in my CD wallet now). I can't even figure out how they are supposed to work, I just sort of fumble around as gently as I can until the discs come loose, and then they never go back there for fear of damaging them.

I can't even figure out how they are supposed to work, I just sort of fumble around as gently as I can until the discs come loose, and then they never go back there for fear of damaging them.
    Are they like the King Crimson tour boxes, where you have to press down on the edge of the disc itself to release it from the trap?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Are they like the King Crimson tour boxes, where you have to press down on the edge of the disc itself to release it from the trap?
    I don't have those Crimson boxes, but here's a shot of the new Tull minus the discs:

cd8.jpg

I don't have those Crimson boxes, but here's a shot of the new Tull minus the discs:
    Yes, that looks like the same thing. Try to pull or pry them out and they will not budge; push down on the top edge of the disc and it will spring right out. ("Down" meaning towards the bottom edge, not towards the back.)

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Or F Amazon and pre- order from a Lasers Edge. Always, Always support you Independent Merchant. F Bezos
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just placed my preorder. It's possible that this will be the last of my Jethro Tull Deluxe "harem," as I like to call it...<sniff>

cd8.jpg
    Oh, the "stacked" tray combo. Yeah, annoying, but I think pockets are worse. Like you, I store the discs in jewel cases once they're out of there.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Did I buy the pre-order today? Of course!!
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 07-23-2023 at 09:02 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

In the uk it’s now £94.99 on Amazon ( only £70 something a few weeks back) but still £59.99 at Burning Shed.

A few folks in Canada have already received their boxset ordered from Amazon CA even though it's not released until Sept. 1st. Go figure.

I would love to see a combo release of Walk Into Light and Under Wraps, a la the Passion Play/Chateau tapes set. I'm a huge fan of WIL, personally.
    That would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    As it will everyone else who gets it, including myself in it. Did not think I will go for this one but at the end do not want to miss it like I did with Thick as a Brick. Thankfully, the latter one has been reissued, so didn't have to pay astronomical price for it. Not sure it would be the same for this "Beast"
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"