Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: TULL: The Broadsword and the Beast 40th anniversary Monster Edition September 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    Since you guys did not have an issue with the ribbed plastic CD holders...I'll bite and buy the Deluxe. Thanks for your replies guys. I appreciate you.
    The irony is the price came down!

So is there a consensus verdict on the B&B set? Is it still in your active listening rotation? Sounds like the prev. unreleased songs are very worthwhile. How is the concert?

I don't have it yet but am keeping fingers crossed that it will still be available at the next holiday season. Looks very good. The lineup was terrific live too (I've read mixed reviews of Conway's drumming on the older songs but I like it).

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    I don't have it yet but am keeping fingers crossed that it will still be available at the next holiday season.
    That's a good way to miss out because it went OOP. I usually buy the thing, and then when it arrives I suggest to the the Mrs. that it would make a good present. She almost always declines and tries to surprise me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    The lineup was terrific live too (I've read mixed reviews of Conway's drumming on the older songs but I like it).
    Conway was a great folk-rock drummer--he did some sterling work on Cat Stevens records--but he wasn't the right guy for Tull. From the liner notes in the Broadsword box, it sounds like everyone involved recognized that.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    That's a good way to miss out because it went OOP.
    That is a risk, but the last few Tull sets don't seem to be selling as quickly as what they released in the 2010's from the Stand Up to Heavy Horses run of albums.

This is an excellent set.
    The last 5 sets from 77-82 first class. So are the 70-74 sets