Thread: Peter Hammill's Fie! catalogue reissues beginning this year on Cherry Red

Peter Hammill's Fie! catalogue reissues beginning this year on Cherry Red

https://mailchi.mp/cherryred/business-unusual-922172

We have purchased the Fie! Records catalogue from Van Der Graaf Generator’s Peter Hammill and will begin a reissue programme later this year retaining the Fie! identity. Fie! was established in 1991 by Peter as an outlet for his solo work, including acclaimed albums Fireships, Roaring Forties, Everyone You Hold, Incoherence, This, All That Might Have Been and From the Trees.

Great news for collectors who missed out on any of the later titles on Hammill's Fie! label, most of which are long out of print. I'm hoping this means we get a reissue of The Fall of the House of Usher - Deconstructed & Rebuilt, as it's about the only title in his catalogue I am missing (I refuse to give in to the greed on the secondhand market. Yes, I really want it... no, I am not paying $85 for it). Actually, a deluxe set featuring both versions would be ideal, since the original 1991 CD is bronzed/rotted for most people (an unfortunate victim of the PDO plant, where most faulty discs were pressed around that time). I'm not sure about the licensing on that first version though, which was on Some Bizarre records.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Cool! I have a few gaps in my catalog that I need to fill.

^Same so this is definitely good news!

Roaring Forties is a particularly excellent album. I’ve already imagined it’s what VdGG in the 90s might sound like (sort of how the K Group is what 80s VdGG might have sounded like).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Nice! I don't have Everyone You Hold yet.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Of course i have them all but my original "usher" is bronzed. I hope they reissue that one.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    https://mailchi.mp/cherryred/business-unusual-922172

We have purchased the Fie! Records catalogue from Van Der Graaf Generator’s Peter Hammill and will begin a reissue programme later this year retaining the Fie! identity. Fie! was established in 1991 by Peter as an outlet for his solo work, including acclaimed albums Fireships, Roaring Forties, Everyone You Hold, Incoherence, This, All That Might Have Been and From the Trees.

Great news for collectors who missed out on any of the later titles on Hammill's Fie! label, most of which are long out of print. I'm hoping this means we get a reissue of The Fall of the House of Usher - Deconstructed & Rebuilt, as it's about the only title in his catalogue I am missing (I refuse to give in to the greed on the secondhand market. Yes, I really want it... no, I am not paying $85 for it). Actually, a deluxe set featuring both versions would be ideal, since the original 1991 CD is bronzed/rotted for most people (an unfortunate victim of the PDO plant, where most faulty discs were pressed around that time). I'm not sure about the licensing on that first version though, which was on Some Bizarre records.
    I had the exact same thought regarding The Fall...both versions in one package would be heaven.

I have a smattering of those later albums listed there, and to be honest, I'm not sure I would purchase more.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I already have everything, but I'm curious what they will be doing with the re-releases.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Of course i have them all but my original "usher" is bronzed. I hope they reissue that one.
    Double check your Fireships and The Noise. Those are both PDO titles as well that some people have reported bronzing issues with. Fortunately I've had no problems with my copy of Fireships (my copy of The Noise is the 2005 reissue).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Double check your Fireships and The Noise. Those are both PDO titles as well that some people have reported bronzing issues with. Fortunately I've had no problems with my copy of Fireships (my copy of The Noise is the 2005 reissue).
    Fireships is still fine but I have to admit that I have not played the Noise in ages.

I'm pretty sure I have everything from the Fie years other than, as others have noted, the rebuilt Usher. Surely that has to get reissued?

Reminds me a bit of the trend of bands selling their catalogs to big investment firms, except good.

I hope they reissue Peter Hammill ‎– PNO GTR VOX BOX (Eighty-Four Live Performances)
    I have the 2 cd version, but the box is expensive now...and I found out about it too late.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I hope they reissue Peter Hammill ‎– PNO GTR VOX BOX (Eighty-Four Live Performances)
    I have the 2 cd version, but the box is expensive now...and I found out about it too late.
    No chance I think. It was originally released as a limited edition box set.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    No chance I think. It was originally released as a limited edition box set.
    Well I can hope until an official Cherry Red announcement says so.