Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-order new Transatlantic Live

Pre-order new Transatlantic Live

https://www.nealmorse.com/product/tr...m_medium=email

The 3-CD/Blueray is a hefty $34.99US. However, if you missed the live CD/DVD package from the previous KaLIVEoscope tour they have it marked down to $4.99.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    While you're at it, perhaps check the prices at marillion.com and see which wily merchant most captivates you?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    While you're at it, perhaps check the prices at marillion.com and see which wily merchant most captivates you?
    .com will not take my order.

https://www.roinestolt.com/product/t...rue&cst=custom

Ordered the 3CD & Bluray - Digipac from Roine's site - actually worked out cheaper by $3 to order from Roine and have it sent from Sweden compared to Neal/Radiant.

I usually don't buy live albums but I will definitely be getting this one: I was there and there was really something special about this gig compared to the other TA concerts I went to. Roine in particular was really on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    .com will not take my order.
    Well, they forgot a domain name, didn't they? Not very wily, that, just plain old .com

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    https://www.nealmorse.com/product/tr...m_medium=email
    KaLIVEoscope tour they have it marked down to $4.99.
    Not finding this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Not finding this.

It was in an email of sales that was sent out on Black Friday. The sale was probably only through Cyber Monday then if it's not showing anywhere. They might have sold out of all inventory at that price too.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

$27, that's more do-able.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Well, they forgot a domain name, didn't they? Not very wily, that, just plain old .com
    sorry for my shortcut, marillion.com, will not take my order.

Qobuz has a hi res download (24/48) listed for $15.09.

I wish Qobuz was available in my third world country
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

I think this thing releases tomorrow. Might be on Spotify tomorrow; I saw it has hit torrent sites.

Ember
    My Blu-Ray/CD came yesterday from Laser's Edge. The music sounds great; the mix is perfect. The video of the performance is also very well shot and edited.

The whole thing is, IMO, ruined by the constant intrusive video overlays of the projections that obscure and confuse the video of the actual performance. The approach of overlaying these projections full-screen, and mixing them 50/50 with the live video for extensive periods during every song, was an immense unforced and crippling error.

The concert is so good that I would actually be willing to pay again for a BD with the exact same concert video without the overlays. Maybe that's the plan.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    My Blu-Ray/CD came yesterday from Laser's Edge. The music sounds great; the mix is perfect. The video of the performance is also very well shot and edited.

The whole thing is, IMO, ruined by the constant intrusive video overlays of the projections that obscure and confuse the video of the actual performance. The approach of overlaying these projections full-screen, and mixing them 50/50 with the live video for extensive periods during every song, was an immense unforced and crippling error.

The concert is so good that I would actually be willing to pay again for a BD with the exact same concert video without the overlays. Maybe that's the plan.
    That'll be in the 2033 remaster.
    <sig out of order>

It’s on Spotify.

I wonder if that was Roine's idea. They did a similar thing on Meet the Flower Kings.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Thanks for the warning. I'll pass, based on this.

I got mine from Laser. Only 48 hours from ordering for it to travel from NJ to AZ.

There had been rumors of discord within the band. I saw on the Blu-ray where at the end, while they are arm in arm taking their bows, Roine stands by himself with his arms by his side. Neal puts his arm around Roine and pulls him in. But after a couple seconds Roine moves away by himself. Maybe he's not an emotional guy after possibly their last gig ever. Or it's a telling sign.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Picked this up at Newbury Comics yesterday, will enjoy over the weekend!

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    There had been rumors of discord within the band. I saw on the Blu-ray where at the end, while they are arm in arm taking their bows, Roine stands by himself with his arms by his side. Neal puts his arm around Roine and pulls him in. But after a couple seconds Roine moves away by himself. Maybe he's not an emotional guy after possibly their last gig ever. Or it's a telling sign.
    Roine spends the entire show looking down. He never makes eye contact with anybody, either on stage or in the audience. He never smiles. He is a foreboding presence who stands in stark contrast to the ebullient Morse and Portnoy, or the more restrained Trewavas who is nevertheless clearly enjoying himself. Unfortunately, Leonard's physical positioning prevents much interaction.

Still, the music and performances are spectacular.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

I got mine from Laser. Only 48 hours from ordering for it to travel from NJ to AZ.

Well, at least they dealt with musical differences in a creative way, over the years and especially with the last album. Even if the fans had to pay more because of it!

Well the fact that they basically released a Roine version of the new album and a Morse version kind of aligns itself with your theory.

Roine spends the entire show looking down. He never makes eye contact with anybody, either on stage or in the audience. He never smiles. He is a foreboding presence who stands in stark contrast to the ebullient Morse and Portnoy, or the more restrained Trewavas who is nevertheless clearly enjoying himself. Unfortunately, Leonard's physical positioning prevents much interaction.

Still, the music and performances are spectacular.
    I've seen all of the Transatlantic albums, and Roine is never a big showman. At least in this band, he's always been a stand in place and play kind of guitar player. I haven't received this one yet (Amazon Canada says it releases in early March), but I will check it out as soon as I can.