Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Matching Mole

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    After listening to The Dutch Lesson, should we refer to the band as Zacht Apparaat?
    This post was too stupid to post, but I did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Anyway…

Last night I listened to most of the first disc of The Dutch Lesson. It’s a surprisingly great sounding recording, for not being a soundboard. I was impressed by how good it sounds.

Glad you were pleased.

We have one more Softs that I know of, that will be out in 11 months, and it’s sonically amazing; it sounds very much like they are playing right in front of you.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    We have one more Softs that I know of, that will be out in 11 months, and it’s sonically amazing; it sounds very much like they are playing right in front of you.

Glad you were pleased.

Can't wait to hear this one too.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

I'll have to make sure I don't sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    To set the record straight, the translation is basically done (mostly by myself with help from native speakers). The most problematic issue Ě need to deal with is to do with the layout, which I'm not able to deal with myself, and need to find a reasonably cheap way to do. What I am looking at is finding someone who would come up with a basic template that would look good (suggestions and recommendations welcome), and then I'd take care of the rest of the work myself. As for publication itself, it will most likely be through a US-based publisher (which I won't name for the time being), but with distribution in the UK and elsewhere.
    Have you got any further with this? If the book is mainly text (with occasional photos), my recommendation would be a version of LaTeX. This requires some technical skill but I could help with that. The main advantage is that this would indeed allow you to insert the text into a template, that it is relatively easy to change aspects of the layout until you are satisfied, and that it produces a high-quality PDF that should be suitable for publishing.

I could not resist the vinyl reissue of the debut for Record Store Day 2024, which I saw it sat in the racks a week after the event, in a small market town that we visited last weekend. I’ve never had a vinyl copy, so it was very welcome addition to the collection. I love this album so much.