Thread: RIP Henry Silva

RIP Henry Silva

Actor active from the 60s thru the 80s. Usually a bad guy ,his unique face used to play psychopaths to native Americans. I remember him especially for the communist Chinese spy who fought with Sinatra in The Manchurian Canidate. In the 80s in Sharkeys Machine wu=ith Burt Reynolds as the psyco villain. Made it to 95 , the last star still surviving in the original Oceans 11. RIP sir.

I remember him from the Buck Rogers movie as Killer Kane.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Which one?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Actor active from the 60s thru the 80s. Usually a bad guy ,his unique face used to play psychopaths to native Americans. I remember him especially for the communist Chinese spy who fought with Sinatra in The Manchurian Canidate. In the 80s in Sharkeys Machine wu=ith Burt Reynolds as the psyco villain. Made it to 95 , the last star still surviving in the original Oceans 11. RIP sir.
    Yeah usually the bad guy. He was on The Man From U.N.C.L.E most importantly. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Which one?
    If you are referring to my pic, the one on the right in the black outfit.

That guy Always gave me the creeps! Good actor….(unless he WAS that creepy!).
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Is it Bullshit? Or Not?

Chun Jin was my favorite character of his. I wonder why we heard nothing of him in so many years.

He was in Above The Law, the first Steven Segal film. Eeeesh he played the part of scumbag too well. Great actor......RIP

Everyone who was ever a part of the 80s video-homesitting-hemorroid druid-drone nothingness should remember Silva. He offered Chuck Norris a "Colombian tie" and almost got away with it.

Unforgettable facial expressions, pickup welds sowed with watercress salad and cheekbone chalkteeth grins to match a voice simulating goof friendliness. Even self-parodying to the point of meta in Cannonball Run II, which broke his initial rule about not portraying clichéd douchebags from his ancestral Sicily. Arguably less immediately intimidating than Joe Spinell, but toting some of the same measures of personae character - he was simply one of the funniest B-movie badguys around.

Actors like these - and he was indeed an actually educated actor - never minded about traits of typecasting etc. Think Lee Van Cleef or Dennis Hopper or the inimitable Bill McKinney or even more modern names like Michael Madsen and the fantastic Ted Levine; although aspiring dramatic character performers to begin with, they all found fame and fortune from image-of-foul. Those of us who saw the films usually greeted their features with a welcome.

Silva was great.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM