Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Blue Oyster Cult !

Foghat and Head East always swung through central NY. I never liked either of them but they opened for a lot of main acts.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Foghat and Head East always swung through central NY. I never liked either of them but they opened for a lot of main acts.
    I only saw Head East twice, but Foghat was through here all the time especially after they dropped back to being a club act in the 90's / 00's. I always loved them so saw them a lot.

Where I grew up, the opener was often REO Speedwagon (before they became a successful pop act). Best one-two punch I ever had was Rush (touring for 2112) opening for BOC (touring for Agents of Fortune).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Where I grew up, the opener was often REO Speedwagon (before they became a successful pop act). Best one-two punch I ever had was Rush (touring for 2112) opening for BOC (touring for Agents of Fortune).
    I saw Rush's 2112 in Ottawa. The crowd was only about 3,000. What was the size at your show?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I saw Rush's 2112 in Ottawa. The crowd was only about 3,000. What was the size at your show?
    About that - just a small hockey arena in small city in North Dakota. Tickets were probably $5-7.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    About that - just a small hockey arena in small city in North Dakota. Tickets were probably $5-7.
    I don't know what's happened with ticket prices - even with inflation, I don' think $5-7 equals $200-$400.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I don't know what's happened with ticket prices - even with inflation, I don' think $5-7 equals $200-$400.
    I think one culprit is that basic disappearance of profit from record/cd sales to artists. Because of that, the next best opportunity to monetize music comes from live shows.

Full ticket from my first show.

rush-11-20-77-ticket.jpg

Contrary to the info, it was an indoor show.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"