Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Oyster Cult !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Albert Bouchard is now taking pre-orders for the finale of the Imaginos triolgy "Mutant Reformation": https://www.ktlo.com/2023/06/12/blue...ginos-trilogy/

I ordered the three Imaginos CDs yesterday. $30 for all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I ordered the three Imaginos CDs yesterday. $30 for all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! I have been buying them as they came out. Have the new one pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Nice! I have been buying them as they came out. Have the new one pre-ordered.
    I never liked the Imaginos BOC album, but I really like Albert's re imagining. I wish he would play in the Bay Area.
    I'll be seeing BOC June 30 at the Marin County Fair.

I never liked the Imaginos BOC album, but I really like Albert's re imagining. I wish he would play in the Bay Area.
    I'll be seeing BOC June 30 at the Marin County Fair.
    I don’t hate the “Imaginos” album from B.O.C., but I just know what it could have been had they done it right. I love what albert is doing, but it is just sad that the band and Albert could not properly do the original vision of Sandy Pearlman.

On my morning walk, I had my BOC playlist going. Damn, "Lips in the Hills" is just a thoroughly under-rated ass-kicker of a track.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    On my morning walk, I had my BOC playlist going. Damn, "Lips in the Hills" is just a thoroughly under-rated ass-kicker of a track.
    The last time I saw them live, they did that song and it was amazing.

So glad to hear someone else give a nod to Lips in the Hills. One of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite albums.

I too didn't care for Imaginos. Haven't heard Alberts reimagining yet though. Will be seeing him in Annapolis next month.

BOC Forever!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Man, the track list on the new live album is amazing. They’re releasing each of the three nights in NYC as a separate package, where the first set at each show was one of the first three albums. The second sets will be of most interest to me. And Secret Treaties.

50th Anniversary Live – First Night

Disc 1
    Transmaniacon MC
    I'm on the Lamb but I Ain't No Sheep
    Then Came the Last Days of May
    Stairway to the Stars
    Before the Kiss, a Redcap
    Screams
    She's as Beautiful as a Foot
    Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll
    Workshop of the Telescopes
    Redeemed

Disc 2
    Dr. Music
    Burnin' for You
    Train True (Lennie's Song)
    Tainted Blood
    Harvest Moon
    Dancin' in the Ruins
    The Vigil
    Career of Evil
    Box in My Head
    Godzilla
    (Don't Fear) the Reaper
    In Thee
    That Was Me
    Hot Rails to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Man, the track list on the new live album is amazing. They’re releasing each of the three nights in NYC as a separate package, where the first set at each show was one of the first three albums. The second sets will be of most interest to me. And Secret Treaties.

50th Anniversary Live – First Night

Disc 1
    Transmaniacon MC
    I'm on the Lamb but I Ain't No Sheep
    Then Came the Last Days of May
    Stairway to the Stars
    Before the Kiss, a Redcap
    Screams
    She's as Beautiful as a Foot
    Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll
    Workshop of the Telescopes
    Redeemed

Disc 2
    Dr. Music
    Burnin' for You
    Train True (Lennie's Song)
    Tainted Blood
    Harvest Moon
    Dancin' in the Ruins
    The Vigil
    Career of Evil
    Box in My Head
    Godzilla
    (Don't Fear) the Reaper
    In Thee
    That Was Me
    Hot Rails to Hell
    Auto buy!

Autobuy, deux!

First Night LP has been pre-ordered for a while. Will be a lovely set of all 3.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Buck is in the hospital as of five days ago with pneumonia. Hopefully he'll get over it quickly.

Buck is in the hospital as of five days ago with pneumonia. Hopefully he'll get over it quickly.
    Hope he recovers quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Hope he recovers quickly.
    I had pneumonia over my whole right lung in June. Spent week in the hospital, always a fun time. Chest tube to pull it all out. again, fun times.

Since Buck is much older than I am I do hope him well. It was such a bitch that I had to call 911 just to make sure I got into the hospital. If you just show up to an ER you won't get in for hours and I could barely breathe. They got me stitched up, though. I'm still kicking for now.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I had pneumonia over my whole right lung in June. Spent week in the hospital, always a fun time. Chest tube to pull it all out. again, fun times.

Since Buck is much older than I am I do hope him well. It was such a bitch that I had to call 911 just to make sure I got into the hospital. If you just show up to an ER you won't get in for hours and I could barely breathe. They got me stitched up, though. I'm still kicking for now.
    Pneumonia needs to be taken seriously especially as you get older. It kills a lot of elderly people. Glad you recovered, but sounds like it sucked to go through.

New video released on YouTube yesterday from the 50th anniversary show.

I read that last week's gigs were rescheduled for late January, so Buck's on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    I read that last week's gigs were rescheduled for late January, so Buck's on the mend.
    Yes indeed!! Get well soon, Buck, and back on stage!!

^ Thanks for posting that! I really wish I'd gone to see one of those shows in NYC. I can remember looking at tickets and deciding not to. I hope I didn't skip my last chance to see them another time, since I've only seen them one time that even counts (the first time was opening for Rush and I wasn't at all familiar with their music and didn't know that they were good (even though my friends liked them).

They're a pretty virtuous band, because they could have easily split The Symbol Remains into two good, single-disk albums and made more money, IMO.

^ Thanks for posting that! I really wish I'd gone to see one of those shows in NYC. I can remember looking at tickets and deciding not to. I hope I didn't skip my last chance to see them another time, since I've only seen them one time that even counts (the first time was opening for Rush and I wasn't at all familiar with their music and didn't know that they were good (even though my friends liked them).

They're a pretty virtuous band, because they could have easily split The Symbol Remains into two good, single-disk albums and made more money, IMO.
    I have been lucky enough to see them around 20 times over the years (I have lost exact count). Hope Buck recovers and they can get back on the road.

That's a lot! Did they tour much in the '80s? I'm guessing not, because otherwise it seems like I would have ended up seeing them more when I was living in Syracuse, or that they would have opened for Rush on other tours besides the one I saw them on (Hold Your Fire?).

That's a lot! Did they tour much in the '80s? I'm guessing not, because otherwise it seems like I would have ended up seeing them more when I was living in Syracuse, or that they would have opened for Rush on other tours besides the one I saw them on (Hold Your Fire?).
    Ha! Nobody "LIVES" in Syracuse, you just exist. 40+ years experience of that! That's where I first saw BOC in 1979 and over 30 times since. In 5 states? Hmmm...NY,PA,MD,OH,CA,NV....I guess 6. Grew up listening to them and never get enough. Last show I saw was Halloween 2022 at the Keswick.
    Hope Buck heals quick. Such a nasty illness.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Ha! Nobody "LIVES" in Syracuse, you just exist. 40+ years experience of that! That's where I first saw BOC in 1979 and over 30 times since. In 5 states? Hmmm...NY,PA,MD,OH,CA,NV....I guess 6. Grew up listening to them and never get enough. Last show I saw was Halloween 2022 at the Keswick.
    Hope Buck heals quick. Such a nasty illness.
    Did you see them open for Rush mid-80s? It wasn’t in Syracuse, it was Binghamton or somewhere like that. When Club Ninja was out.

My first time seeing them was in the 80’s right after Extraterrestrial Live came out. I also saw them on the Revolution By Night, Club Ninja, and Imaginos tours during the 80’s. It was in the 90’s when I probably saw them the most. They got to a point when they were playing for small audiences in clubs. They used to play Grand Rapids (about 45 minutes from me) pretty much once a year, so I was lucky. The last time I saw them was here in Kalamazoo a few years ago. Ironically, Eric was sick for that show, so it was only Buck and the rest of the guys.