Thread: Dawes on CBS Saturday Sessions

Dawes on CBS Saturday Sessions

I have to admit that I've been completely unaware of this band, although they've been around for something like 12 years. Ouch. Someone on Reddit posted about this performance, which alerted me to them. The first track has a bit of a Jam Band vibe with a trace of Dylan and a heavy dollop of Leonard Cohen, especially in the lyrics. The second half is more or less Prog-Rock, and very enjoyable. Paging Mr. Sly, if you're not already a fan.

Yup, I am a fan and happened to catch this on TV yesterday morning completely by accident. I saw Dawes open for ELO a few years ago and they were really good. I only own two of their albums, but plan on picking up more.

I would say more like jam band than prog rock (imo).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I would say more like jam band than prog rock (imo).
    Of the albums I own I would not call them prog at all. On the other hand, they are not really a jam band either. They just write really good songs, maybe somewhat in the tradition of bands like The Eagles, but different. I find them hard to categorize.