Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iNFiNiEN at PROGDAY 2022!

iNFiNiEN at PROGDAY 2022!

INFINIEN AT PROGDAY 2022!

“Light at the Endless Tunnel takes the listener into a wide-range of directions, blending the familiar with unexpected Middle Eastern elements, Indian vocal percussion, soul and lots more. The band features extremely talented musicians who showcase their talent with looped guitars, creative bass lines, imaginative drum patters, Ethiopian scales, spectacular guitar solos, exquisite keyboard ambience, epic intensity, and Canterbury-ish keyboards... In other words, state of the art progressive rock... Every year, there is at least one progressive music act that stands out from the rest and Infinien is undoubtedly one of the best. This is one of the progressive rock gems of the past few months. Highly recommended."
    - Angel Romero, ProgressiveRockCentral.com

Philadelphia-born iNFiNiEN combines eclectic musical personalities into a visionary, unified force. Using rock, jazz, soul, world, and classical influences, the band plays intricately composed songs with a focus on the exploration of new territories of sound by using exotic scales, chords, and rhythms. A centerpiece of the band’s sound is the expressive voice of Chrissie Loftus, whose evocative and emotional vocals provide the lyrical glue that binds the widely-ranging compositions together. iNFiNiEN’s performance at ProgDay 2022 will feature the recently released Beyond The Veil, in which the band continues to develop and move into new sonic territory.

Join iNFiNiEN, AZIOLA CRY and LUX TERMINUS at ProgDay 2022. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 2022 will take place on Saturday and Sunday, September 3 and 4, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music page (http://www.progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

Swanky
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Amazing. This ups the ante for sure. Also, you got me really excited for a moment there, as I thought the new album was out. Beyond the Veil is a single from it, I believe, and they now have a second single released too. Really looking forward to the new album and seeing them again at Progday!

Neil

This is cool.

Was always interested in seeing this band! good one!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Amazing. This ups the ante for sure. Also, you got me really excited for a moment there, as I thought the new album was out. Beyond the Veil is a single from it, I believe, and they now have a second single released too. Really looking forward to the new album and seeing them again at Progday!

Neil
    "Beyond The Veil" is the title track from the new album. I may be wrong, but I believe Beyond The Veil will be released in July. In any event, I have been told that the band will have a limited edition vinyl release of the album for sale at ProgDay.

It's cool that there will be a Philly band there. However, it looks like Infinien has played at PD before (not that there's anything wrong with that).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I Like It!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    "Beyond The Veil" is the title track from the new album. I may be wrong, but I believe Beyond The Veil will be released in July. In any event, I have been told that the band will have a limited edition vinyl release of the album for sale at ProgDay.
    Sweet. Thanks, Michael.

Neil

iNFiNiEN was one of the great surprises from a prior Progday. Living in Philly, I've been lucky to see them several times since then. I'll be very happy to see them again at Progday!

They were fantastic the last time they played. Looking forward to seeing them again.

Based on a comment from the band in recent months stating a surprise for later in the year, this was what I expected. And it has come to be. And I am extremely happy to see them again!

Here is some good video from their last ProgDay performance:

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nice
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I like this band and am eager to hear the new record once it comes out. And I see that Lux Terminus is going to be there too! Wish I could attend Progday to see them... Maybe I could make it work.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I like this band and am eager to hear the new record once it comes out. And I see that Lux Terminus is going to be there too! Wish I could attend Progday to see them... Maybe I could make it work.
    Come on in, the water's great
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Listened to most of their last album yesterday. Sounded excellent! I really can’t remember if I saw them at Progday or if they were going to play at the one that had to be canceled due to Covid. But I was a bit too at the last couple of ProgDays! Not gonna do that again. Maybe. But the album sounded really good, and the songs seemed better as I got further into the album. Was a bit unsure about the vocals at first, but they were growing on me. So, looking forward to this band!

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Come on in, the water's great
    Are you going to be there? It would be really cool to meet you.

Banned
    I bought their latest in 2017, and it's on my shuffle playlist. Great choice and looking forward to the return to Progday and the new recording.

I do remember them from a previous PD. Shaping up to be a great ProgDay.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I will be there

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I don't think I realized YOU'LL be there. Looking forward to meeting YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I don't think I realized YOU'LL be there. Looking forward to meeting YOU!
    Well I haven't bought a ticket yet. But I'm seriously leaning towards going, if I can make it work. It would be great to meet you!

Well I haven't bought a ticket yet. But I'm seriously leaning towards going, if I can make it work. It would be great to meet you!
    Careful. You might have to meet all of us, now!

Neil

I don't think tickets are on sale yet? Not that it truly matters, I suppose.