Thread: Imminent Sonic Destruction - NEW ALBUM "The Sun Will Always Set"

Imminent Sonic Destruction - NEW ALBUM "The Sun Will Always Set"

Not sure if anyone here has been following the career of Michigan prog metal outfit Imminent Sonic Destruction (formerly known as mellotrön_ prior to a nasty cease and desist letter). Many of you will know the band's drummer Pat DeLeon from Tiles. The band's third album, The Sun Will Always Set drops tomorrow and I would describe it as brutally gorgeous. For me it's the band's best work to date. There are hints of Meshuggah, Tool, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Genesis, and others, but they kind of take all the ingredients from their influences and make them their own.

I spoke with band founder/vocalist/guitarist Tony Piccoli about the album.

You can read my verbose review here.

The podcast version includes some short snippets of the songs to give you a taste.

And here's my full interview video with Tony:
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

Thanks for posting this. Hadn't heard of them before, but I like the bandcamp samples and have wishlisted them.

I am going to see Michigan prog band Entransient in January and one of the bands opening are these guys. Although I am usually on top of all things prog in Michigan, I had never heard of them even though they are from my home state. I also was not aware of the Tiles connection, a band I have been a fan of for years. Anyway…….I just discovered these guys and picked up one of their albums. Really cool stuff! Looking forward to seeing them.