Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 NCAA BB Tournaments

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I have 8 out of the 16 still in (which is pretty good for me), but one of my final two is already out.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

These 3 weeks are the my favorite sporting time of the year. Not a big NFL fan, no interest in hockey, MLS, NBA, etc. Used to love baseball and I still like the sport but don't pay attention much to MLB anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    These 3 weeks are the my favorite sporting time of the year. Not a big NFL fan, no interest in hockey, MLS, NBA, etc. Used to love baseball and I still like the sport but don't pay attention much to MLB anymore.
    I'm pretty much along the same lines, Bob. From November to March - college basketball. After that, it's sports torpor for me. Though I will catch on TV once in a while the PBA championship and college bowling tournament (seriously). (I was a candlepin league player for about 15 years.)
    Last edited by Lopez; 03-22-2022 at 10:46 AM.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Go Hurricanes!!!!!!

I didn't get to see much of yesterday's action due to work commitments, but now I officially have no teams left to root for except for Coach K's boys in their quest to bring him one last title. Actually, I would root for St. Pete, and will tomorrow, but since they would then have to face Duke, well...

Is it my imagination, or have there been more nail-biters and fewer blow-outs than usual in the dance this year? If so, I'm sure super-seniors and the transfer portal have something to do with that. I'm in favor of the former (of course), but very on the fence about the relaxed transfer rules; I understand the reasoning, but the effect has been to inject an element of pro (vs amateur) sports mentality into the game that IMO shouldn't be there. Hard to argue against the level of play, though.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Hurricanes puttin' up a fight!!!

Oof. Blowout. The superior team won. First time for Miami to the round of 8.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Should've picked duke.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I got into 3 brackets. I'm toast in 2 of them, but in the 3rd I am in 2nd place and if Kansas win, I win it. I also put some money on the Jayhawks before the tourney started, so I am a Kansas fan for the next week.

Like I always said, basketball is a two minute game, the last two.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Congrats to Kansas. I ended up not even tuning in to the game, as I didn't have a real interest in either team and I have to be up for work at 4.15 on weekdays. Glad it was an exciting one for those who did watch, though.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

In the end I had a great tournament. I got in 3 different brackets. I won one, and finished 2nd in another, so won money in each. The 3rd I ended up 10th out of 50 people, so not too bad. I also put a $10 bet on Kansas to win it all before the tournament at 12 to 1, so that got me a nice payout too.

Not exactly tournament related, but WMU announced longtime MSU assistant Dwayne Stephens as our new head coach. At the press conference yesterday here in Kalamazoo Tom Izzo showed up to with wish Stephens will in his new position. I am not sure I have ever seen that happen before. Anyway, I thought it was cool.