Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Y'all Feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I know, I know.....feelings.

Not to be political or Religious.............

I've been feeling a bit more hopeful. Mask mandates (indoor / outdoor) here in WA are ending in less than 3 weeks.....a lot of the local pubs are opening back up in the neighborhood albeit only 4 days a week. There's a thread here about folks planning to go to concerts.... CTTE is coming up. I've also noticed the threads aren't as snarky as they were 6-12 months ago. Although it snowed here last night, I'm seeing signs of Spring.....

Anyway, just wondering what your thoughts are as we approach month 24.
    If the past is any guide... this is just the calm before the next storm.

Remains to be seen if anybody will care to wear a raincoat next time, though.

I'm doing good. Never stopped working. Haven't gotten sick once during the last couple years. Another 2-3 years and retired I hope. Cheers...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Bordering on political, I am feeling sick to my stomach about the situation in the Ukraine, and the evil people in our country who support Putin in this venture.
    Bordering.

OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Bordering.

OK.
    Man, you really are sensitive about this, aren't you?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I want to feel a little elated with the new CDC guidelines but the cold shadow of war is overclouding it. Also, we live in an area where barely 30% are vaccinated so we can't entirely let our guard down. Maybe in another month.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    we live in an area where barely 30% are vaccinated
    How does that even happen? Are there any other states with such an anemic vax rate?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    How does that even happen? Are there any other states with such an anemic vax rate?
    The state average is much higher. It's a rural county with a lot of slack-jawed knuckle-dragging inbreds that moved in with the oil boom, then they started breeding with local trash. I look at the CDC stats and the county now stands at 33.1% fully vaccinated. Morons. We are surrounded by morons.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The state average is much higher. It's a rural county with a lot of slack-jawed knuckle-dragging inbreds that moved in with the oil boom, then they started breeding with local trash. I look at the CDC stats and the county now stands at 33.1% fully vaccinated. Morons. We are surrounded by morons.
    Ouch. I feel for you, man. Where I live, it's 88% of ages 5+, and 93.3% of 12+. And even then, I'm wishing it was considerably higher. I think there are third world countries with a higher rate than your area!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^ Yeah, that's a brutal stat. Sorry for your situation, Jerol. Those idiots affect everybody around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    ......Haven't gotten sick once during the last couple years......
    Since I never whined about mask wearing, I can't even remember what it was like to have a cold or the flu.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I want to feel a little elated with the new CDC guidelines but the cold shadow of war is overclouding it. Also, we live in an area where barely 30% are vaccinated so we can't entirely let our guard down. Maybe in another month.
    You understand you can still get it and spread it if you are vaccinated right?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    My wife has started making bread and pizza every day, so that's actually really helpful.
    Pizza every day? I'd be the size of the Goodyear Blimp!
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    You understand you can still get it and spread it if you are vaccinated right?
    Yep. I knock on wood that we haven't shown any signs of anything in the last two years. And no colds or flu either, which is a great relief. A few years ago I had a job with the local school district. I swear I was sick more days than I was well. Those kids are just walking disease factories.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Since I can't even remember what it was like to have a cold or the flu.
    I started getting Flu jabs five years ago. I got the two covid jabs but that's it. No more vaccines for a while. Barely even wear masks anymore. In the last two years I thought I might be be getting a scratchy throat but next morning good as new, and back to work.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I don't eat much of it, but sometimes it's just a flatbread thing. This morning she made a sort of breakfast Yorkshire pudding.

^ All of that sounds good, Jed. You guys need to open your own diner.

People who work for Domino's, Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut get so sick of pizza, they never want to eat it again.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    People who work for Domino's, Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut get so sick of pizza, they never want to eat it again.
    To be fair, this is terrible pizza.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    To be fair, this is terrible pizza.
    I would argue that Dominos has come a long way over the years. Although there are several local places that I like better that don't deliver, when I go for delivery pizza in our area Dominos is actually the best option. Back when I was young, they were always the stoner pizza that you ordered at 3:00AM after being out drinking all night. The pizza was not very good, but they have come a long way from a quality perspective since those days. Maybe I am biased since I am from their home state, but I actually thing Dominos pizza is pretty decent these days.

^^^ Dominos would be my first choice from those three.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Domino's by far over the others; they rank at least with Round Table.

What Little Caesar's sells isn't really pizza. It's roadkill guts on cardboard.

(Now try getting that image out of your head, he he heee)
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

The eons are closing
    when one lives in NYC metro - ordering from the chainZ when there is an abundance of great pizza - is like a sin.

That said - if I had to - hand tossed bacon xtra cheese pizza from Domino's is the order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

There are still a few Pizza Hut sit down restaurants around the country. I choose them over the other two.
    Although due to the abundance of real pizza places around here I would not use those 3 at all.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The best Pizza in Ottawa is Colanade, Louis Pizza, and La Favourita.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Domino's by far over the others; they rank at least with Round Table.

What Little Caesar's sells isn't really pizza. It's roadkill guts on cardboard.

(Now try getting that image out of your head, he he heee)
    Little Caesars is also from my home state (both Dominos and Little Caesars were founded in Detroit). Although I admire Little Caesars founder Mike Illich who pumped much of his money back into the city of Detroit and many humanitarian causes, his pizza was basically a bastardization of Detroit Style Pizza. “Detroit Style” was founded by Buddy’s Pizza in the 1950’s. Buddy’s was an institution in the Detroit area and now has locations in other parts of the state including my hometown of Kalamazoo. Little Ceaser’s basically took the Buddy’s model and made a cheaper lower quality product that appealed to families and people who wanted low cost, cheap Detroit Style pizza. Illich grew Little Ceaser’s into a nationwide empire by providing this dirt-cheap pizza with the $5 take out peperoni being their sales leader. Little Caesars never got into the delivery game and left that to Dominos (and later Jets). Illich eventually owned the Detroit Red Wings and purchased the Detroit Tigers from Tom Monahan who had founded Domino’s pizza. In between all of this came Jet’s pizza who also does Detroit Style, but in my opinion is much higher quality on a similar level to the original Buddy’s pizza. Anyway………..that is tonight’s history lesson on Detroit pizza that nobody asked for. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.