Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: My Recent DVD Haul - What's Yours?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Thanks, guys. I'm staying positive.

Since I've seen you're posting again, I hope you're oké Greg!

Yesterday I watched Electric Asturias Live In USA, the DVD from the concert at the Rites Of Spring Festival on May 5th 2013.

It's a wonderful show, lovely filmed by Zeitgeist Media (Adele Schmidt, José Zegarra Holder and Scott Bastedo), known for their excellent Romantic Warriors-documentaries.

The Japanese band Electric Asturias had released two albums when they played at ROSfest; since then two other CD's were produced.

Here's the promotional video (2 parts!):

Thanks, Rene, I'm staying strong and hoping for surgery next week. Hospital food in the interim, yuk!

I'll check out the video for sure. Looks interesting.

I did some detective-work on the songs Electric Asturias played on Live In USA (^^)

Most of the tracks come from their first two albums, "Fractals" (2011) and "Elementals" (2014, which means that this album wasn't released when they played at ROSfest!); two tracks are part of the suites on both CD's ("Undine" = part I from "Suite Of "Elemental"" and "The Lancer"= part III of "Suite of "Fate"").
    "Woods" is from the album "In Search Of The Soul Trees" (2008) by the original Asturias.
    "Distance" is also from the original Asturias; it's from "Cryptogam Illusion" (1993). It is also performed by Acoustic Asturias on their first album "Bird Eyes View" (2004).
    The only track I couldn't trace is "The Snow Is Dancing" ("Snow Dancing"), but I think this is a cover from the composition with the same name by Claude Debussy, which makes sense since this is a piano-solo by keyboardplayer Yoshihiro Kawagoe.

In honour of Ed Mann who died last week I watched the DVD The Band From Utopia : A Tribute To The Music Of Frank Zappa. This is a live-recording from a concert at the Jazz Open in Stuttgart, Germany, July 1994. The band featured not only Ed Mann, but also Ike Willis, Arthur Barrow, Tommy Mars, Robert Martin, Chad Wackerman, Jay Dittamo, Bruce and Tom Fowler and Kurt McGettrick.

Thanks for keeping the thread moving. I'll watch the video.

Had heart valve replaced on Thursday with major complications but I'm out of icu and an not safe.

I meant o now safe.

Yesterday I watched the DVD "Lalle Larsson's Seven Deadly Pieces". It's a concertfilm in seven movements for chamber orchestra and electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion and of course Larsson's keyboards. The concert you hear is the actual concert, the movie you see contains shots from the concert and the rehearsals and atmospheric nature-clips.
    Here's a promotional clip:

Rene- Super interesting orchestration! Minus - I'll post next week!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)