Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: My Recent DVD Haul - What's Yours?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Nice! That's a pretty good deal, and it's good that the DVDs have found a good home and enriched another Marillion fan somewhere. Check out the Kettle of Fish DVD soon, because I had problems with my copy of that, I returned it to The Company, and the second copy had the same issues - skipping or tracking errors beginning about halfway through the disk. CTTOI, my copy is within eyesight, and I may not have tried it with an Oppo, I can't remember, but I'll do so asap. It may have been an equipment issue. It happened at a time when The Company wasn't very responsive so I didn't pursue it further. Their service is very good now, in my experience.
    Yeah Jed. I'm pretty pumped to have these DVD's. I'm check out the Kettle Of Fish when the DVD's arrive.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-23-2024 at 12:44 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Happy Friday -

Just running out the door to see Prog Story (https://www.progstory.com/). Hopefully, I'll have the energy to watch a DVD when I'm back!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Prog Story was awesome, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, ELP, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, and Supertramp. The lead vocalist was versatile, his voice matched the original voice a given song.
    Opening track was Starless And Bible Black, The lead guitarist was incredible.

It's closing on midnight but I've got a new DVD Arena, Caught In The Act. I'm watching it now.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-27-2024 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Happy Friday -
    Here too, but this time no recorded live-show but a real one. Went to Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Just like many of his (later albums) the show had a lot of catchy songs, which always include some great instrumental passages, and some proggy stuff like Father Of Day, Father Of Night. Although Mann's keyboard-playing is still great (too bad they covered up the keyboards with a piece of cloth, so you couldn't see his hands running over the keys), I was mosted impressed by the tasteful guitar-playing of Mick Rodgers.

^^ The reason Wakeman drapes his keyboards is so the audience doesn't see his arms and legs stretching every which way. The same reason he wears a cape. In the early days, he was described as an octopus...which he internalized. Perhaps it's a similar story with Manfred Mann.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

My Fish DVD's arrived (cost me $50!) I've seen one of these DVD's going for $46 but I have 5!!:

Fish 20240503_124227.jpg

Not sure if I'll get to them tonight! Friday!! . I've discussed this before but I'm having 3 buddies over for Prog Night. We each have 20 minutes, in rotation, to share music we love. Everyone's camera usually come out to take pictures of the CD's you like and want to buy.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 05-03-2024 at 03:35 PM.

^ Have fun Greg!

I watched a great part of Bondage At The Bush-DVD from The Tubes, that comes with a double-CD. It's a recording from the Shepherds Bush Empire in London, 2004, from the Wild West Show. Lots of hand held camera work keeps the performances of the musicians close to the viewer with the exception of the work of keyboarder David Medd who's hardly filmed.

This is the opening: Wild West Overture

I liked the Tubes. Saw them live and they were larger than life. Your clip sounds decent.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 05-04-2024 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Have fun Greg!
    Thanks, Mark. We had pizza and donuts and played music until 12:30 in the morning. It was great.

Another Friday night!!

Time to explore my Fish DVD Haul. Tonight - Fish Return To Childhood - 20th Anniversary Tour Misplaced Childhood. Running Time 192 minutes! This is from 2008.

I tried posting a video from the tour but it say Video Unavailable. You can find a clip of the show on YouTube under "Fish:Misplaced Childhood".

Next long weekend - Terra Incognita in Quebec City. Can hardly wait.

Have a great weekend!!
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 05-11-2024 at 05:39 PM.

The video was great! Fish had the command of the audience. The Misplaced Childhood songs were great to hear.

I was in a light jazz-mood last Friday and played a large part of Live In Stockholm by E.S.T. a.k.a. Esbjörn Svensson Trio. The music these guys produce are sometimes a modern variant on Keith Jarrett's Köln Concert, using amplified double bass and often prempared piano. I must say I got a bit dizzy from the constant moving camera-shots, but the overall quality is very good.

Rene, you have such eclectic tastes in music. I never heard of this artist. I'll check out the video.

My DVD Haul for today:

marillion DVD 20240514_191044 (1).jpg

This is sealed and ultra rare and it's MINE mawa hahaha!

Recorded during the Somewhere Else tour rehearsals (2007). Ten Tracks - including Afraid Of Sunlight, Estonia, and Faith. It cost 15 Euros on Ebay, Shipped in 8 days (including weekend travel).

For Marillion Freaks, cool find, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My DVD Haul for today:

marillion DVD 20240514_191044 (1).jpg

This is sealed and ultra rare and it's MINE mawa hahaha!

Recorded during the Somewhere Else tour rehearsals (2007). Ten Tracks - including Afraid Of Sunlight, Estonia, and Faith. It cost 15 Euros on Ebay, Shipped in 8 days (including weekend travel).

For Marillion Freaks, cool find, eh?
    It's very cool, but isn't it just a CD? That's what mine is, came with the Web UK magazine that Christmas. I wasn't aware there was a DVD version...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Looks indeed very much like this CD on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/2084...-Somewhere-Elf

OMG - I have no idea why I thought it was a DVD. I would have had a shock when I put it in my DVD player!! I'll add it to my Marillion CD collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    It's very cool, but isn't it just a CD? That's what mine is, came with the Web UK magazine that Christmas. I wasn't aware there was a DVD version...
    Lorne - sorry if I gave you false hope on the Marillion DVD!!

I'm watching Queen In Montreal in 1981 on the Disney Channel. Beaufully shot, with Freddy and company at the peak of their performance. Lots of great classics.

I won't be posting this Friday as I'm off tomorrow morning to wonderful Quebec City for Terra Incognita. Friday Vecteur K and RPWL (playing 2 Floyd albums). Staturday Sunset Mission, Lifestream and RPWL (playing the own music). Sunday, In Sylva, 35 Tapes and Italian prog with RanestRane.

Totally pumped and looking forward to meeting folks and watching some talented acts.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:32 AM.

Enjoy, Greg!

I was in a Genesis-mood yesterday. First I listened to Duke in 5.1 and later that evening I watched three short movies that can be found on the DVD's in the SACD/DVD-editions of Wind & Wuthering, Duke and And Then There Where Three (also in the boxset).
    First was Live At The Lyceum, London 1980. The band played 7 songs, beginning with the opening-trio of Duke. During Afterglow I wondered how Collins must have felt singing this Banks-song with lyrics that were much saying about his love-life at that time. Very good quality over all.
    Then two Bootleg video's from 1977 for US and Japanese television. The quality is quite bad, while the performed songs are both playbacked and shortened. But it's great to see this line-up with Hackett so close.
    I finished with Three Dates With Genesis 1978. This is a fine documentary with interviews with the bandmembers, Tony Smith and members of the crew. There are a couple of shots from live-performances, while the film shows how a tour like this worked those days. We see shots from Germany, Holland (Leiden) and the U.K. (Knebworth).

This film is a kind of compilation of the Lyceum-concerts (as can be read in the introduction):

I have a few DVDs up for sale on The Trading Post if anyone is interested.

Hi friends, I won't be posting for the near future or partying as I'm awaiting heart surgery
    I'm doing fine.

Fingers crossed!

Hang in there Greg. Chin up!