Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riverside 2022 North American Tour

Riverside 2022 North American Tour

These guys really blew me away in 2019. I'm sad they're not coming to North Carolina this time around, but this gives me a great excuse to plan a weekend trip to Atlanta or Baltimore. I'm guessing the setlist will be similar to the special dates they did in Poland this year.

Ticket info is coming next week. Here are the dates:

RIVERSIDE 20 - NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2022
    April 2 Hell at The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
    April 3 Exit / In, Nashville, TN
    April 5 Amplified Live, Dallas, TX
    April 6 Come And Take It Live, Austin, TX
    April 8 The Nile Theater, Phoenix, AZ
    April 9 The Glass House, Pomona, CA
    April 10 Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA
    April 12 Hawthorne Theatre, Portland, OR
    April 13 Neumos, Seattle, WA
    April 15 The State Room, Salt Lake City, UT
    April 16 Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO
    April 18 Amsterdam Bar and Hall, St. Paul, MN
    April 19 Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL
    April 20 Magic Stick, Detroit, MI
    April 22 The Opera House, Toronto, ON
    April 23 Corona Theatre, Montreal, QC
    April 24 Imperial Bell, Quebec City, QC
    April 25 The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA
    April 27 Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY
    April 28 Toad’s Place, New Haven, CT
    April 29 World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA
    April 30 Baltimore SoundStage, Baltimore, MD
    May 2-7 Cruise to the Edge, Port Canaveral, FL

https://riversideband.pl/en/gigs

264734677_454712646024281_5598802703422408562_n.jpg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, that's a pretty good-sized US tour, I'm surprised they can pull that off! I'm sure I've seen shows at the Gramercy Theater in NYC before, but I can't think what. I've only seen Riverside once, at a NEARfest. I'd go to this, although I've found from going to a couple of shows recently that the process of getting there is a bit draining for me, so I'll have to see what else is going on around then. A lot, probably, as so many bands seem to be getting their plans in order for 2022.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We'll be in Montreal for Transatlantic on April 20th...so I need some talking points to convince my wife to see Riverside who I have avidly followed since the first Laser's Edge release...

^^ "They're all the rage in Poland!"

Seattle! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw them perform an impressive show in Phoenix 2019 at the Crescent Ballroom near downtown. A much better venue than Nile Theater which is actually in suburban Mesa.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    We'll be in Montreal for Transatlantic on April 20th...so I need some talking points to convince my wife to see Riverside who I have avidly followed since the first Laser's Edge release...
    I will be out of town for the Michigan gig,but will be catching them on Cruise To The Edge.

I caught 2 shows on their last U.S. tour. The first show was at ROSfest in front of a seated typical prog audience. The 2nd show was at The Magic Stick in Detroit in front of a standing audience. Both shows were great, but the Detroit show had much more energy and the band seemed to feed off of that even though it was a smaller crowd. Regardless of the venue, they are well worth seeing live and put on a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Talking point number 1 - Mariusz. End of talking points
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    These guys really blew me away in 2019. I'm sad they're not coming to North Carolina this time around, but this gives me a great excuse to plan a weekend trip to Atlanta or Baltimore. I'm guessing the setlist will be similar to the special dates they did in Poland this year.

Ticket info is coming next week. Here are the dates:

RIVERSIDE 20 - NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2022
    April 2 Hell at The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
    April 3 Exit / In, Nashville, TN
    April 5 Amplified Live, Dallas, TX
    April 6 Come And Take It Live, Austin, TX
    April 8 The Nile Theater, Phoenix, AZ
    April 9 The Glass House, Pomona, CA
    April 10 Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA
    April 12 Hawthorne Theatre, Portland, OR
    April 13 Neumos, Seattle, WA
    April 15 The State Room, Salt Lake City, UT
    April 16 Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO
    April 18 Amsterdam Bar and Hall, St. Paul, MN
    April 19 Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL
    April 20 Magic Stick, Detroit, MI
    April 22 The Opera House, Toronto, ON
    April 23 Corona Theatre, Montreal, QC
    April 24 Imperial Bell, Quebec City, QC
    April 25 The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA
    April 27 Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY
    April 28 Toad’s Place, New Haven, CT
    April 29 World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA
    April 30 Baltimore SoundStage, Baltimore, MD
    May 2-7 Cruise to the Edge, Port Canaveral, FL

https://riversideband.pl/en/gigs

264734677_454712646024281_5598802703422408562_n.jpg
    Does anyone know if this is An Evening With... or supporting acts? And getting booked at Great American Music Hall in SF is a good step for them.

Although I've seen them at Rosfest, I kind of regret not seeing them in a bar about maybe a year before one of their members passed away. I thought that the place would have been too crowded and I don't like being in small venues that are packed. According to someone I know who went that's exactly what happened.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Does anyone know if this is An Evening With... or supporting acts? And getting booked at Great American Music Hall in SF is a good step for them.
    The last U.S. tour they had an opening act.

I've seen them twice, and I'll see them again! Not crazy about the Bottom Lounge, but it will have to do.

That is a really packed schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm sure I've seen shows at the Gramercy Theater in NYC before, but I can't think what.
    I've seen several shows there, its a good place to see a show, stage is elevated quite a bit, and the floor slopes as well, but I can't remember which direction it slopes!

Saw them at Baltimore Soundstage last tour. They're always great live.
    Hated the Aussie(?) metal duo opener though.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sweet - their April 23rd show in Montreal is on a Saturday. Does anyone know when the ticket sales will be available?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Checked the Dallas venue & they are not included on the upcoming concerts list. I will keep checking back.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Checked the Dallas venue & they are not included on the upcoming concerts list. I will keep checking back.
    Same with the SF venue.

D.C must be a horrible place to book. So many bands check off the DMV in Baltimore.
    At least it on a weekend night.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Will combine this show with Transatlantic that same week in Montreal. It ties in with Easter Monday so even better.

Saw Riverside for the first time at the Club Soda last time in 2019 and was very pleased, it was their first tour after the loss of their lead guitarist Piotr Grudziński. I knew they would not miss Montreal on this tour, and am glad I was right.

Anyone have the Riverside presale code for Livenation? NYC

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Anyone have the Riverside presale code for Livenation? NYC
    I am hoping to meet my son (who is at Rutgers) in the city for this show (yes, he's also a fan). If you get a code other than via this thread, please share it.

That said - do you really think jumping on a presale is going to be necessary for this? That's not a snarky or sarcastic question...I really want to know. A few years ago I drove up to Montreal to see them (and an awful opening band, imo). I don't think I needed to rush to get tickets. My only concern for the Gramercy is that I would prefer the "reserved seating" section.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    I am hoping to meet my son (who is at Rutgers) in the city for this show (yes, he's also a fan). If you get a code other than via this thread, please share it.

That said - do you really think jumping on a presale is going to be necessary for this? That's not a snarky or sarcastic question...I really want to know. A few years ago I drove up to Montreal to see them (and an awful opening band, imo). I don't think I needed to rush to get tickets. My only concern for the Gramercy is that I would prefer the "reserved seating" section.

Thanks!
    Hey Ken, I don't really know! If there are General Admission seats, then probably not.

UPDATE: The code is 'BELLS' (it was in the damned email from Livenation!) - but it's all General Admission. I decided to go ahead and order a ticket for the hell of it. There MIGHT be a lot of people buying tickets because the wheel is spinning and spinning for minutes but the order hasn't completed yet. Could be another sale slowing things down though I guess.

UPDATE #2: It never stopped spinning, so I aborted and tried again using Paypal payment and that worked quickly! Total for one ticket with service charges and without the ticket insurance was $41.75.

I'm not even a humongous Riverside fan, but I do like them and have friends who love them, so I thought it'd be cool to see them. I've only seen them onceat NEARfest. Also, I'm just excited to get out and see more shows. I went to see Bent Knee in Brooklyn a few weeks ago, and to Genesis last week, and as far as I know I came out COVID free. Plus, I'm getting a booster shot Saturday!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 12-16-2021 at 04:03 PM.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Passed on the Montreal tix. No GA standing shows for this aging progger and his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    It's listed and available to buy now. (GA and Balcony - tables show not available)

Thanks for the update. $42 for VIP Balcony, not bad. My concern now is whether we are going to be deep in an Omicron wave by then. As this is Texas, I expect no one in the venue (except me) will be masked, social distanced, much less vaccinated.