Thread: Looking for Genesis Encore Series 2007 Cleveland

Looking for Genesis Encore Series 2007 Cleveland

Hello PE community!

TL;DR: If you have this, I’d love to pay you $200 for it.

My first concert ever was Genesis in 2007 in Cleveland. My dad brought me along when I was 11. I don’t think it’s an overstatement to say that experience got me into music. I wouldn’t have gotten into so many wonderful artists (and certainly wouldn't be here) without attending that concert.

I’ve been searching for the Encore series CD from this date for the best part of 10 years. It’s the concert that started it all for me. Unfortunately, it’s simply impossible to find. I’ve never seen it on Ebay, Amazon, or any of the many Japanese CD sites. It’s only passed through Discogs once ever (this year, and it must have sold immediately since I never got an alert). I’ve even contemplated contacting a seller on Discogs who listed a collector’s box with all 25 recordings for $1200 (I’ve never spent more than a quarter of that on a release), but that would be quite a stretch for me. Seeing Genesis again for the first time in 14 years inspired me to take a more active role in my search, hence my posting here.

If any of you have a copy of this and would be willing to part with it, I would love to buy it from you. I would pay $200 for one that is in good, playable condition, but I might consider more. This would mean a lot to me.
    Last edited by MDC; 12-01-2021 at 12:06 PM.

"Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    I really appreciate the reply, but unfortunately there's no Cleveland from this seller (or any others that I can see)

I have a CD-R copy of the Cleveland show (9/29/2007); happy to make a copy if that helps as a place-holder until you can source an original at a far more reasonable price than what you're offering. --Peter

The eons are closing
    There are also good audience boots of the show - while naturally not a SB - it could also hold you over until a real one's found

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    I really appreciate the reply, but unfortunately there's no Cleveland from this seller (or any others that I can see)
    D'oh! My bad ...
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    I have a CD-R copy of the Cleveland show (9/29/2007); happy to make a copy if that helps as a place-holder until you can source an original at a far more reasonable price than what you're offering. --Peter
    Thank you so much for the offer! I've heard from someone separately who may be able to send me Flac files next week. If that doesn't work out, I may send a message your way.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    There are also good audience boots of the show - while naturally not a SB - it could also hold you over until a real one's found
    This is an interesting suggestion. Even if I can source a CD of this, these could be worth looking into. I know audience recordings can have much more ambiance than a SB

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    D'oh! My bad ...
    No worries at all! Really appreciate you and everyone who has contributed to the thread