Thread: UK in Atlanta Cancelled!!!!

UK in Atlanta Cancelled!!!!

I was just on the Variety Playhouse site here in ATL, where UK was supposed to play April 4. The show has been cancelled! Anybody know why? I was REALLY looking forward to this!!!!!!

Yeah, I had tixs for this. Elton John also canceled last night 5 hrs before the concert here. I am pretty pissed about both.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Damn, there must have been a lot of pissed off Elton fans outside the theater last night. And you don't want to see pissed off Elton John fans. Stinking drunk, yelling the words to Candle in the Wind...

Guess I just saved $75 bucks, though I was REALLY looking forward to seeing them with Terry. Darn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Guess I just saved $75 bucks, though I was REALLY looking forward to seeing them with Terry. Darn
    You don't sound too broken up by this news.

Well, that saves me the dilemma of feeling bad that I didn't go - due to the high cost of the tickets - and of feeling bad that I did go - due to the high cost of the tickets. Really, the price was ridiculous, yet I was going to make a sincere effort to go just because of who they are, and the hopes that they still kick ass and maybe will play "Carrying No Cross" and "The Only Thing She Needs". O well. I guess tickets weren't selling enough quick enough... I still have the albums and will play them. But not everyone is a MUST see, especially when they price themselves that high and then cancel!

F-ing crap. I HAVE tix for this. Was super-psyched to see this....bummer....oh well, there is still Carl Palmer the same week so all is not lost, but what a disappointment

I remember when Camel cancelled there in '03, I was pissed off, i had drove from New Orleans to Atlanta for it and nobody knew about the cancellation until just prior to show time, it sucked, and there was only a handfull of people there to see them! WTF

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    You don't sound too broken up by this news.
    It's a concert, an evening of entertainment- nothing worth getting bent over. Let's keep things in perspective. It's too bad for EJ and the people that never had a chance to see UK though.
    Last edited by Sean; 03-17-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    I remember when Camel cancelled there in '03, I was pissed off, i had drove from New Orleans to Atlanta for it and nobody knew about the cancellation until just prior to show time, it sucked, and there was only a handfull of people there to see them! WTF
    I saw them the night before at The Birchmere in Virginia. Wasn't the cancellation in Atlanta due to medical reasons?

^^^ yes the Camel drummer Denis Clement actually nearly died from an allergic anaphylactic shock en route from DC to Atlanta. IIRC it happened in the DC airport. Gladly he got help in time and made it. He just has to carry an epi-pen with him at all times now.

Yep..I drove down to Atlanta to see Camel only to find the show had been cancelled when we got there. Bummer. Same thing happened after driving to Alexandria, VA for the Emerson and Lake show. At least E&L rescheduled and I eventually saw the show, but never got to see Camel. I wanted to see the UK show but was really struggling with the high ticket price. I saw on Eddie Jobson's facebook page and he said the only tickets that were selling were the UK shows. He also stated that there most likely not be any more UK shows after the Cruise to the Edge and Miami shows. Oh well...........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It's a concert, an evening of entertainment- nothing worth getting bent over. Let's keep things in perspective. It's too bad for EJ and the people that never had a chance to see UK though.
    Well, it obviously matters to the person that started this thread. I'm mad at my parents for not taking me to the Styx/Thin Lizzy concert in '77(and I wasn't even born yet). I'm mad because they both got to meet the members of both bands.

I've seen UK twice, back in their heyday. Both shows were fantastic! Was looking forward to seeing them one last time. I saw Asia a few weeks ago and am glad I was there. Since then, Steve Howe has left the band. And that last show (here in ATL) was EXCELLENT! So yes I was looking forward to seeing UK one last time. I assume lack of ticket sales was the reason for cancellation?

All is not lost though....Makes it a lot easier to afford to go see Steve Wilson April 17!!!! His new album is the best I've heard in a LONG TIME.......So, I'll be THERE instead.....