Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ma Banlieue Flasque – Le Retour (2021) CD release?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    And Frankster; I honestly don't KNOW about the Lagavulin 8 y.o., since I've never tasted it. We only get the 16 y.o. here in the old lands, for others we'll have to travel abroad and eventually learn more, which we're reluctant to do in the first place. Learn more, I mean.
    It’s exactly the same in Sweden. We Scandinavians have a similar situation regarding these beverages. However I would say both Swedes and Norwegians were never reluctant to traveling abroad before Covid 19.

As for Ma Banlieu Flasque, I think it’s decent but not top tier frech prog. My vinyl copy isn’t worn out. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by pepetriano View Post
    As for Ma Banlieu Flasque, I think it’s decent but not top tier frech prog. My vinyl copy isn’t worn out. ��
    I'd have to say that for me it falls a bit on the back of those truly legendary late-70s/early 80s French grands like Potemkine, Etron Fou Leloublan, Vortex, Dün, Eskaton, Art Zoyd, Rahmann, Honeyelk, Bise de Buse, Plat du Jour, Zed and so on. There were simply so many fiercely creative French artists within the "progressive" moniker at the time.

But I absolutely DO like i;, I just never connected to it on the same terms as those others mentioned.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Just checked Discogs and didn't see any mention of that edition.... ???
    https://www.discogs.com/Ma-Banlieue-...master/1876953

I briefly explored a possible reissue on SZ around 2004/2005 and quickly dropped the idea because the legal situation seemed to be somewhat obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by offwithyerhat View Post
    Just curious if anyone's got their hands on this. Stateside, it's pretty pricey to get.
    I just saw on the description on of it on discogs:
    Anybody experience these issues?
    If not...
    General MBF thread! haha I really love their record.

https://www.discogs.com/Ma-Banlieue-...lease/18749341

I am guessing the legal situation remained obscure, but the band (or whichever artist held on to stuff) was reacting to the illegitimate reissue from Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ I'm actually a bit glad you asked, because the folx at work had assembled a gift for my 50th birthday a cuppa weeks ago, waiting at my desk when I came back from - erh - "celebrations" of events. It was an Aberlour 12 y.o. with two (rather cheap) Italian glasses to go, plus five grand lemons. I have a habit of eating raw lemons at lunch, and co-workers tend to think it's a token of my general mood and sometimes ill-tempered tract of worldview.

So now the lemons are eaten and there's the Scotch to go. I never drink during weekdays and not when I'm with my youngest kid, but every fortnight when I'm alone and dive into the heap of stough with music and books, I enjoy the glass, yes.

I'm very much a heavy-peat fan, meaning that the basic Lagavulin 16 y.o. is essentially the fave here. But it's at ca. 70£ in Norway and consequently not one I can afford on a habital basis (having kept an unopened one from last Christmas which I intend to save for a few years), so I usually go for Quarter Cask Laphroaig for fabulous compensation. I mean, it's stronger but not as immediately powerful. I also developed a penchant for the Ardbeg 'Wee Beastie' now recently, although I know the aficcionados fint that a travesty of some sort.

For the blended I stick to ol' Chivas, Black & Green J.W. and Ballantine basic. And 'though I hate to admit it, I still prefer elementary Tullamore over other Irish.
    Glad you liked the Aberlour 12. That was a nice gift from your coworkers. And congrats on reaching 50! That's a milestone. Judging by your profile photo, I'd have thought you were about 10 years younger.

I've got some of the Aberlour 12 and I like it quite well. Their A'bunadh is even better, but the price point is higher of course...

Those whisky weekends sound like fun, man. Good drink and good music go hand-in-hand. When it comes to scotch, the kind I gravitate to are the Speyside whiskies usually. However, I do have some Lagavulin 16 and Laphroig too (both from my father IIRC), and I have grown to appreciate and even like them over the years. They have complex flavors. I want to explore the peated whiskies a bit more.

For Irish whisky, have you had Green Spot or Yellow Spot? Those are pretty nice; not sure what price they'd go for over in your neck of the woods though. They're a bit pricey over here, but anything from overseas generally is.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Popping in to say:
    the glitches/skips are evident on this opening track
    AND
    it appears to be mixed much too fast! It's easily 10+ bpm faster than the LP

Quote Originally Posted by offwithyerhat View Post
    I haven't heard of this–CD boot? How's it sound? Have the record, but love it so much just want to hear it slightly different, haha.
    By the way there is a legit release by Musea Records

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    By the way there is a legit release by Musea Records
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the Musea reissue.