Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milwaukee Concert with IL Castello di Atlante and Fibonacci Squence May 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Once we got there, we saw friends and I completely forgot to look for you!

I wasn't wearing a concert shirt, although that might have made for a good conversation starter. The way things were laid out, with most sitting in groups at tables, made it difficult to try and discover PE members in attendance. I was hoping that Charles might have had some Strawberry Bricks identifier, and if he had, I would have introduced myself. As it was, I contented myself with giving the merch table a good workout, (how cool is it that they had minty copies of their first single from 1983 on sale?) and trying a couple of the Wisconsin IPAs that we don't get back in Ohio. The only one I really chatted with was Mark Krueger, and he approached me. Very nice guy. I didn't know who he was until later.

The show was well worth the trip for me, even with the Chicago traffic and I-94 construction. Fibonacci Sequence were excellent, and not as Metallic as I was expecting. They played quite a bit from their forthcoming release, and I'll pick that one up when it comes out. Il Castello were terrific, right in my wheelhouse. Gorgeous melodies and strong playing, their music soared and swooped and took the audience on a journey. Great, great stuff. The Terra Incognita people are in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGtr View Post
    Moe- sorry I didn't keep up with this thread in time. Would have been nice to meet you and buy a beer. Next time!
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Yeah, that's 2 people that would've liked to meet you, Moe.

But Dale was there so my excuse is slightly better!

My loss. Looking forward to hanging with you guys at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jot View Post
    I couldn't help but keep thinking how special it was not to have to buy a plane ticket, rent a car, get a hotel, etc. 10 minutes from home and I was in Italy.
    Yeah, I think I've seen 7 or 8 Italian Prog bands, (mostly thanks to Nearfest,) and that's pretty remarkable when you consider what a niche musical form this is, and that I live in the USA.

Very, very cool.

Special thanks to the man who made it happen, Mark Krueger.
    Indeed. Kudos.

Thanks for the review Dale. Lila and I are in Quebec and will see them this evening. Really looking forward to it.

RPWL was great except they did all the new CD which I didn't care for. Encored with Roses and This Is Not A Prog Song. Phideaux was excellent as usual. The crowd was the loudest for them as I've ever heard a small crowd could be. Amazing. They did an Infernal Suite to showcase the upcoming CD and it's fantastic. Another spine tingling rendition of Crumble with Val singing AND playing piano.
    Tea Club opened. This is the 3rd time I've seen them and they have a slightly different line up which seems to work much better.
    Today:
    EDO
    Il Castello de Atlante
    Flower Kings

We talked quite a while with Hasse and Jonas yesterday. Good guys. I asked Jonas where his hat was. He said he lost it last year somewhere. Must be hard to replace a fuzzy "pimp" fedora!

We're off to the walled City of Quebec shortly. Having a great time here.

J&L
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Ah shit.... I was wearing a Hawkwind hoodie.

Yeah, traffic SUCKED on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I wasn't wearing a concert shirt, although that might have made for a good conversation starter. The way things were laid out, with most sitting in groups at tables, made it difficult to try and discover PE members in attendance. I was hoping that Charles might have had some Strawberry Bricks identifier, and if he had, I would have introduced myself. As it was, I contented myself with giving the merch table a good workout, (how cool is it that they had minty copies of their first single from 1983 on sale?) and trying a couple of the Wisconsin IPAs that we don't get back in Ohio. The only one I really chatted with was Mark Krueger, and he approached me. Very nice guy. I didn't know who he was until later.

The show was well worth the trip for me, even with the Chicago traffic and I-94 construction. Fibonacci Sequence were excellent, and not as Metallic as I was expecting. They played quite a bit from their forthcoming release, and I'll pick that one up when it comes out. Il Castello were terrific, right in my wheelhouse. Gorgeous melodies and strong playing, their music soared and swooped and took the audience on a journey. Great, great stuff. The Terra Incognita people are in for a treat.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Just posted this show on dime if anyone is interested.
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=456025

Any help with the setlist would be appreciated too. Thanks