Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New DEEP PURPLE album!

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Mark II stopped doing covers.
    Sort of.

Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    They did some live, though.
    Early Mark II relied more heavily on Mark I material playing live. There are many live versions of Wring That Neck/Hard Road. Being highly improvisational, the song was never played the same way twice. And Gillan's "silver throated screaming" made quite the impact on Mandrake Root.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Early Mark II relied more heavily on Mark I material playing live. There are many live versions of Wring That Neck/Hard Road. Being highly improvisational, the song was never played the same way twice. And Gillan's "silver throated screaming" made quite the impact on Mandrake Root.
    "Hush" and "Kentucky Woman" were also played in early MKII shows. And, as you likely know, the "Mandrake Root" improv ended up as the "Space Truckin"" improv.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^^ There's a recompilation titled In Concert. Disc 2 is from the Machine Head tour. It closes with a cover of Little Richard's Lucille. There was a long intro with Gillan giving a long speech, while Jon, Paicey and Roger played in the background. Meanwhile Blackmood was re-tuning his guitar. He knocked it way out of tune going crazy with the whammy bar.......during that long Space Truckin' improv.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

^^ There's a recompilation titled In Concert. Disc 2 is from the Machine Head tour. It closes with a cover of Little Richard's Lucille. There was a long intro with Gillan giving a long speech, while Jon, Paicey and Roger played in the background. Meanwhile Blackmood was re-tuning his guitar. He knocked it way out of tune going crazy with the whammy bar.......during that long Space Truckin' improv.
    Yep, I have that.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

50th anniversary edition of Machine Head arrived today. It was not on my radar. That viddy with Dweezil convinced me to grab this.

By the way, whenever I hear Dweezil’s name, the words “The Dweez” in Ike Willis’ voice immediately pop into my head. Every time.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.