Thread: New Paul McCartney song & video for Find My Way (Paul lives!)

New Paul McCartney song & video for Find My Way (Paul lives!)

"Find My Way", featuring Beck. Worth a look.

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The vid idea is creepy and cool. The tune is sort of meh, but I thought that when it was new on III.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    The vid idea is creepy and cool. The tune is sort of meh, but I thought that when it was new on III.
    Agreed about the video, but the song is catchy. It's the sort of thing I feel like Steven Wilson is trying to do these days but has no chance whatsoever of pulling off the way Sir Paul can do in his sleep.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

This is really great, I like it, thanks for posting.
    I was able to get McCartney III on white vinyl before the prices went through the roof!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    It's the sort of thing I feel like Steven Wilson is trying to do these days
    What on The Future Bites gives you that idea?

My brother sent me the link to this video a little while ago, and I thought it was pretty cool. I like Beck's take on the song, and the video is trippy. Makes me interested in checking out the rest of the record.

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Super trippy and could hear this in a dance club for sure.

Macca III was a solid album, and there are re-imagined versions of all the songs that are pretty cool as well. As usual, Paul is ahead of the times as he was with Macca II.

I really like what Beck did with this. He took the basic framework of PM's version and totally reimagined it into something way cooler. PM's original was still a good song, but this has vibe for miles. I can't tell if Beck pitch-shifted the original down, but the whole thing has a major to minor key modulated feel to it. Really fun.

From McCartney III, I'd have nominated 'Deep Down' for a disco overhaul. Its minimalist nature lends itself to that treatment but the version on McCartney III just plods along.

I prefer the original of this track.

Very good song. Never heard III, so I don't know the difference from the original version.

I liked the video too. Is that a young McCartney lookalike? Or did they do a video photoshop of Macca's young face onto the body? Or is that really Beck with a mask on? Enquiring minds want to know...

Deep Fake Macca