Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: A Gift To Progressive Ears - Now A Gift To YOU (Please Read)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    We did! It was great! I saw them before the pandemic supporting Cheer-Accident, great double bill.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I received Van Der Graaf Generator - The Box and Pink Floyd - Meddle. They arrived a few weeks ago. I listened to The Box over the weekend. I'll have to listen to it again as it didn't click with me. I've always been a Pink Floyd fan but Meddle is not one of my favorites.

^^ "...and Meddle is their best album".

Fixed it for you!

Neil

^^^^^ Good album, especially side 2. But I could do without "Seamus" 😉

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Echoes is one of my all time favourite tracks, period. I saw Gilmour and Wright and Phil Manzerra (sp - Roxy Music) do Echoes at Massey Hall around 10 or so years ago and I'll never forget it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    ^^^^^ Good album, especially side 2. But I could do without "Seamus" ��
    Seamus isn't great, but I do love Mademoiselle Nobs. How on earth did they find a dog to sing in key ? OR did they change the key for the dog's voice?

The world shall never know these pressing mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    That's mostly my issue and no way to contact them either, by phone or e-mail.
    Only choice I get is a QR code to pay and no way to discuss the fact that it's a gift and value <10€.

I had until the 29th to pay up and only two days to act. I don't think North Korea is that obtuse!!!
    On the track&trace page to this postage company postnord.dk, I can read that they have returned the package to Duncan Glenday today !

I have spent several hours in the phone, whithout getting through. Their payment page for customs doesn't work, they even tell you that on the phones answering machine 'preample'.

The letter they sent me about the package was stamped 22. july telling me I had 10 days to pay. It wasn't in my mail on the 26. Dunno when it arrived, I wasn't home for a few days. And before the 10 days had gone, I could read that it was too late to pay...

I hate them.
    NEVER ever use www.postnord.dk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    On the track&trace page to this postage company postnord.dk, I can read that they have returned the package to Duncan Glenday today !

I have spent several hours in the phone, whithout getting through. Their payment page for customs doesn't work, they even tell you that on the phones answering machine 'preample'.

The letter they sent me about the package was stamped 22. july telling me I had 10 days to pay. It wasn't in my mail on the 26. Dunno when it arrived, I wasn't home for a few days. And before the 10 days had gone, I could read that it was too late to pay...

I hate them.
    NEVER ever use www.postnord.dk
    Belgian post is pityful, but in this case, they're held in hostage by the Belgian customs.

My letter was even worse: I only had three days to pay up, by the time it came to my mailbox.
    Belgian post deliver the snailmail every second day since 18 months ago.
    This change shouldn't matter much on the monthly bills arriving in my box, but in practicality, they arrive almost a week later, giving me only a few days to pay up (instead of 10 or 11 days)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I have just spoken with Postnord. They phoned me.
    It is on its way back over the pond...
    The guy told me that I should complain and perhaps get a refund of some sorts, and ask any sender to chose GLS next time if I had the chance to advice them.

Sorry Duncan.

[A comfort of some sorts, I am not alone:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...en-er-helt-gal ]
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 08-06-2021 at 03:43 AM.

To our European members who'd hoped to receive a package :

Our sincere apologies for the upheaval!

I am not aware of any easier, affordable method of getting these CDs to you, and thought I was doing it the right way : Use regular mail, declare a value of only $10, spend 10 minutes in the Post Office for each of the packages while they enter every detail of your address, my address, the contents, and the value ... and assume everything would be okay.

When (if) those packages ae returned to me, I'll arrange for other PE members to receive them...
    Regards,

Duncan

To our members who have received a package :

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday
    I am looking forward to receiving reviews of some of Chris's CDs!

<nudge-nudge>
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday
    I am looking forward to receiving reviews of some of Chris's CDs!

<cough><cough>
    78 packages were sent out.

I've received 12 featured CD submissions. Thank you for those submissions! 7 of those have already been featured.

I am still looking forward to receiving everyone else's submissions.

Reminder:

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    For those who have agreed to participate in this process : As mentioned at the start of this thread, we’d like you to provide commentary on at least one of the CDs you receive, and we will use your comments to start a Featured CD thread. Your comments can be brief, or you could quote lines from an existing review (with due acknowledgements), or you could write a review of your own.

Don’t start a thread, though. PM me with:
    - Artist name
    - CD name
    - A link to an image of the CD cover
    - Your comments or review.
    Each package of CDs contained a cover letter spelling out this process.
    Regards,

Duncan

To those members who have contributed toward postage etc. for this project - or simply contributed to PE :

Thank you!

When you post on PE, your profile should display a gold star near your user name, to recognize you as a contributor. Something like this:

PE Star.jpg
    (Click the image to enlarge)

Every time we receive a contribution, I manually check that the system has attached the star to your profile. But it's possible that I may have missed a few.

Please check - and let me know if your star does not show in your profile.
    Regards,

Duncan

Thanks for the updates, Duncan. I've been listening to the music in an effort to get some thoughts in order.

I'm asking for an extension on my homework.....Will be through with hosting summer houseguests next week. I KNOW my selections will not go over well in the house right now.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I'm asking for an extension on my homework.....
    LOL
    Regards,

Duncan

I too, need an extension! I've been working on the Olympics every day for the past 3 weeks, haha. I have an idea of the disc I'd like to feature/review though.

Neil

Submitted.

To our European members who'd hoped to receive a package :

Our sincere apologies for the upheaval!

I am not aware of any easier, affordable method of getting these CDs to you, and thought I was doing it the right way : Use regular mail, declare a value of only $10, spend 10 minutes in the Post Office for each of the packages while they enter every detail of your address, my address, the contents, and the value ... and assume everything would be okay.

When (if) those packages ae returned to me, I'll arrange for other PE members to receive them...
    hey Duncan,
    absolutely no need to apologize, because we both knew the risks once I informed you about it.

If the packages had gotten to us before July 1, they would've escaped the tax.

In my case, unable to dialog with the customs (or even pay the tax in a stabdard manner), I just hope they won't send it back to you with the return costs (usually included in the original cast of sending).

What Greg Walker (Syn-Phonic) did was state on the green custom sticker is that it was a gift and that allways went through, but this was well before the trade disputes crystralisations.

Luv ya and PE, dudes.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Duncan,

In Denmark Postnord.dk is entirely to blame. They are in the media these days for being complete amateurish assholes.
    There is absolutely nothing you could have done to prevent this. Thanks for your great effort anyway!

I am curious to know what you sent (if you noticed or remember), so I know how high my annoyance barometer should blow out...

bw
    Michael
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 08-07-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Duncan,

In Denmark Postnord.dk is entirely to blame. They are in the media these days for being complete amateurish assholes.
    There is absolutely nothing you could have done anything to prevent this. Thanks for your great effort anyway!

I am curious to know what you sent (if you noticed or remember), so I know how high my annoyance barometer should blow out...

bw
    Michael
    The worst part is: I believe the Danish Posts are the main private shareholder of the Belgian Post (they even, could have 51% of the shares).

It got to the point when the Belgian Post wanted to buy in the Dutch post, the Dutch Gv't said no thanks and blocked it. Now we have the Dutch post meddling in Belgiumvnuts.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    The worst part is: I believe the Danish Posts are the main private shareholder of the Belgian Post (they even, could have 51% of the shares).

It got to the point when the Belgian Post wanted to buy in the Dutch post, the Dutch Gv't said no thanks and blocked it. Now we have the Dutch post meddling in Belgiumvnuts.gif
    Belgian companies have most of the Dutch newspapers.

Sadly, I genuinely have no idea.

I made around 80 stacks of CDs (almost) at random, then put each stack into an envelope - and stacked them on a table. Then I printed address labels and stuck each one onto whatever envelope was within reach.

When I say I made around stacks of CDs (almost) at random : I tried to include one reasonably mainstream prog act, and one that most would call obscure. It didn't always work out that way and I wasn't very scientific about it...
    Regards,

Duncan

Sadly, I genuinely have no idea.

I made around 80 stacks of CDs (almost) at random, then put each stack into an envelope - and stacked them on a table. Then I printed address labels and stuck each one onto whatever envelope was within reach.

When I say I made around stacks of CDs (almost) at random : I tried to include one reasonably mainstream prog act, and one that most would call obscure. It didn't always work out that way and I wasn't very scientific about it...
    I my case you will know in a while - unless Postnord isn't even capable of returning it either.

started my homework... soon Duncan, it will be soon

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    started my homework... soon Duncan, it will be soon
    Looking forward to it
    Regards,

Duncan