Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: A Gift To Progressive Ears - Now A Gift To YOU (Please Read)

Jon Neudorf
    Hi Duncan. I didn't know Chris but I too would be interested. If its too late thats okay. Regardless, an amazingly generous thing Chris has done.

Wow!!! That is really something. Count me in. I would love to receive some of Chris' collection!!! Let me know what you need!!!
    The Prog Corner

In the spirit of Chris' generosity I'll be making a donation to the Gofundme campaign for Geoff and Kelli Logsdon as a small way of paying it forward.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    In the spirit of Chris' generosity I'll be making a donation to the Gofundme campaign for Geoff and Kelli Logsdon as a small way of paying it forward.
    That's a great idea
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That's a great idea
    Great idea!
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Wow! This is a great idea. Now I know what I'm going to do with my music collection if PE is still around when it's time (I'm 47 so we'll see).
    Well, it would be a great idea to give my collection some nice homes when I'm dead and gone. Not planning to go soon. If I reach my mom's age, you wil have to wait for another 16 years and if I reach my dad's age, you have to wait 30 years, till you can fondly my stuff.

Hi Duncan! I'd like to participate and also to say what a great way this is to honor his memory while giving his collection many new good homes.
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    you have to wait 30 years, till you can fondly my stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Well, it would be a great idea to give my collection some nice homes when I'm dead and gone. Not planning to go soon. If I reach my mom's age, you wil have to wait for another 16 years and if I reach my dad's age, you have to wait 30 years, till you can fondly my stuff.
    I have wanted to fondly some stuff for awhile

Hi Duncan! This is such an amazing gesture. I'd definitely like to participate. This is such a great way this is to honor his memory!

Hello Duncan
    I am very interested in this!!!! Thank you so much for even considering me. Have a pleasant day.
    Cheers 🍻

If its not too late I would join in the reindeer games as well.
    What a lovely gesture, bon voyage!

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I have wanted to fondly some stuff for awhile
    not surprised...you're a prog fan
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

As evidenced by this thread, we've had a tremendous response.

I've also heard from members via PM, Facebook, and even text messages. I haven't checked my carrier pigeons, smoke signals or tom-toms yet - will get to those soon

If you are interested in participating in this and haven't yet let me know - please let me know by COB tomorrow - preferably in this thread.

Then on Wed. I'll start locking in details, making up packages, and figuring out how to mail (almost) 80 separate packs of CDs, and how to schedule all the featured CD threads you'll be starting!
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    all the featured CD threads you'll be starting!
    I'm really looking forward to this.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks Duncan. This'll be fun.

I would definitely be interested. Maybe I'll discover something new and amazing that has slipped past me in the past.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    As evidenced by this thread, we've had a tremendous response.

I've also heard from members via PM, Facebook, and even text messages. I haven't checked my carrier pigeons, smoke signals or tom-toms yet - will get to those soon

If you are interested in participating in this and haven't yet let me know - please let me know by COB tomorrow - preferably in this thread.

Then on Wed. I'll start locking in details, making up packages, and figuring out how to mail (almost) 80 separate packs of CDs, and how to schedule all the featured CD threads you'll be starting!
    Hi Duncan, seems I have barely made it before the deadline, please count me in. Great way to honor Chris here, just sorry I have never (at least not knowingly) met him.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

This thread is a great celebration of Chris' generosity. It is wonderful how Progressive Ears has chosen to implement Chris' contribution. Through the featured CD series, he will continue to interact with the PE community of music lovers. Though he is gone, Chris will continue to be present, discussed and remembered.

Chris loved ProgDay. So that others beyond the immediate ProgDay community of attendees can further appreciate Chris' character and love of music, I wanted to let everyone know that Chris made an extremely generous bequest to the festival. He was indeed a part of the ProgDay family and he will be greatly missed by us all. Lots of love to Chris.

Michael

Brilliant idea. I'm in, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

This gesture is off the charts nice!

Count me in, if it is not too late.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Hi Duncan,
    Thanks for all your consderable efforts in sending out these cd packages!
    Greg
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I remember Chris fondly... If its not too late, I'd like to take part in this...

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Wow! This is INCREDIBLY generous. I would be honored to participate. And a sincere THANK YOU to PE and Chris.

NOTE:

I'm going to mail all of the CDs at once, to people who have provided me their mailing details.

If I don't have your mailing details, then you're in jeopardy of missing out. Check your PMs and get your mailing details to me ASAP.

I expect to get them into the mail around mid-week next week.
    Regards,

Duncan