Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Hawkwind, an appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^ Glad to hear!

And in more good news, the new Hawkwind album is out.
    YEEEAHHH

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    YEEEAHHH

Autobuy!! Sounds fantastic

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    I placed an order straight away after reading this and got the album the other day. Wow! I can't believe how insanely great this one is! I can't thank you enough.

I also ordered the brilliant Live Chronicles
    Is this from The Business Trip tour?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    If you can find it, Coded Languages is an excellent live album from '82 when Nik Turner was back in the band (I assume somewhat surprisingly and, I'm also guessing, somewhat unhappily). "Warriors on the Edge of Time" into "Choose Your Masks" is a killer tune.
    This is on Spotify! Woot!

Warriors on the Edge of Time is also spoken by Moorcock himself not Turner as credited (on Coded Languages)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is this from The Business Trip tour?
    No, this is a concert recorded live on the Chronicle of the Black Sword tour back in 1985 and originally released in '86. The original CD release omitted Moorcock’s onstage narration and contribution, but on this re-release from Atomhenge you get the complete concert and all of the narration. Highly recommended!

Which cd release of Space Ritual has the best mastering? I’ve never owned this and I don’t want a no-noised or compressed mess. Thanks!

Man I really like that Starship (One Love One Life) song. I'm not sure exactly what it is about it that's so appealing but certainly that bassline is one of the factors. The track is a really nice blend of their more electronica endeavours with their metronomic rock songs. Will have to check out the rest of the album.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Listening to the new album now. If you’ve heard the last two, you’ve got a good idea what to expect here. That’s not a bad thing.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    No, this is a concert recorded live on the Chronicle of the Black Sword tour back in 1985 and originally released in '86. The original CD release omitted Moorcock’s onstage narration and contribution, but on this re-release from Atomhenge you get the complete concert and all of the narration. Highly recommended!
    Do you know if the re-release on Atomhenge is different from the Griffin release? I bought it years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Do you know if the re-release on Atomhenge is different from the Griffin release? I bought it years ago .
    The Griffin issue with the Elric Cover should be identical as it was the only release of the album with the Moorcock contributions before the Atomhenge one. Otherwise not sure about mastering or mixes are differnt.