Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Allium (Tillison, Reingold, Tiranti) Homage to 70's Italian Progressive Rock

Do you think the Allium story is real? I dunno tbh. It seems kinda sketchy to me.

Andy’s story of meeting the band while on holiday in Italy? Why does that seem sketchy?
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

It's kinda too detailed for something that happened very briefly a long time ago. Like, Andy somehow remembers all the stuff that happened, down to the band member's names despite not being able to speak Italian. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I don't have spotify. Is there any other way to listen to the album online?

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    It's kinda too detailed for something that happened very briefly a long time ago. Like, Andy somehow remembers all the stuff that happened, down to the band member's names despite not being able to speak Italian.
    It was his first experience jamming with a band. Why wouldn’t he remember it?

You don’t have to speak Italian to remember an Italian name. Just saying…

It's kinda too detailed for something that happened very briefly a long time ago. Like, Andy somehow remembers all the stuff that happened, down to the band member's names despite not being able to speak Italian. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I don't have spotify. Is there any other way to listen to the album online?
    https://youtu.be/hJIJRcZkmFQ

The other tracks are there too. Here's my 2p: Andy doesn't seem like the type of guy who would create a bullshit story to try sell an obscure album of a very obscure album. I think the guy has enough integrity for most of us to believe the story.

It's kinda too detailed for something that happened very briefly a long time ago. Like, Andy somehow remembers all the stuff that happened, down to the band member's names despite not being able to speak Italian.
    He remembers one band member's first name. And it was a big moment for an impressionable music-worshipping teenager, as it would have been for me too. Reading again his memory of the event reveals not really very much detail at all, IMO. Going into the venue, watching the band play, the singer inviting him to look at their equipment on stage and jam. They give him a tape, he leaves. Hardly a case for Poirot, is it?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Do you think the Allium story is real? I dunno tbh. It seems kinda sketchy to me.
    Without the story the album wouldn't be rocketing up the prog charts like it is, right?

In any case the music is pretty awesome.
    <sig out of order>

The YouTube link doesn't work for me. It says:

Video unavailable
    This video is not available

The YouTube link doesn't work for me. It says:

Video unavailable
    This video is not available

Another option: You can try buying the CD....

It's all sold out.

https://www.jonasreingold.se/product-page/allium

Available direct from Jonas Reingold Records - best option to directly benefit the band.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    It's all sold out.
    Mine arrived today, through Amazon.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I've listened four times now. The vocals sound fine. I think this is a huge achievement for the band. Elements of the music reminds me of Arti E Mestierie (the jazz influenced parts).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Initially I'm a bit disappointed. Musically it is indeed a big achievement, but to me the music doesn't 'feel' like RPI. I was really hoping it would.
    Anyway, need te revisit a couple of times, that's for sure.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    Initially I'm a bit disappointed. Musically it is indeed a big achievement, but to me the music doesn't 'feel' like RPI. I was really hoping it would.
    Anyway, need te revisit a couple of times, that's for sure.
    I feel the same way I think.

I think it hits the mark but I'm not a hardcore RPI guy. Tiranti certainly sounds the part perfectly to my ears at least. This album was a grower for me and kept getting better and better, I love it now.

It captures the warm Mediterranean feel that I also get from PFM and Le Orme. It has grown on me considerably, even though I liked it at first. I love it now and have listened to it several times. A great autumn listen IMO. I’ll be returning to this one a lot. Only wish it had a vinyl edition.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    https://youtu.be/hJIJRcZkmFQ

The other tracks are there too. Here's my 2p: Andy doesn't seem like the type of guy who would create a bullshit story to try sell an obscure album of a very obscure album. I think the guy has enough integrity for most of us to believe the story.
    Totally agree with this Andy is a warrior, and a great musician and a really funny guy. I can't see him making this up.