Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Progeezer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update on Progeezer

***MODS***(Duncan, Sean), please feel free to move/remove this thread.
    I apologize that this news may put a damper on some folks summers, but I felt that I shouldn't delay informing you guys, his digital prog buddies, of his current status.
    My dad has been diagnosed with late-stage liver cancer. His doctors have let him (and his immediate family) know that he will probably not see his next birthday. (It's his medical teams' belief that due to his pre-existing conditions he would not survive chemo/radiation, and the odds of it saving him are slim, anyway, to say the least.) I am one county away (about an hours drive) and am currently without a driver's license. Dale from Chicago (dalegtr) and I plan on going up sometime in June, as I just received my second Moderna shot on Wednesday.
    Thanks immeasurably for sharing your love of prog(ressive) rock with him all these years.
    I will attempt to update this thread when the time for grieving/mourning approaches.
    His spirits are surprisingly decent all things considered. He told me recently: "I've lived a fuller life than many folks my age" (paraphrasing). Take care, friends.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Oh man I’m praying for your family tonight. Please keep us posted.

Very sorry to hear it. I hope things go as well as possible.

Thoughts and prayers for you, your dad and your family.

man, very sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to him, you and your family.

Very, very sad... He will be in our thoughts, and I’m personally so grateful to have had him here...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

the 'geezer

Please give Geeze my best wishes.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Such very sad news.
    I would wish him all the best, but is there really an all the best in this case?

Still for the time being I wish him all the best, if possible.

Oh man. Steve is one of my favourite guys ever and has a special place in my heart. I hope things are going as well as can be expected.

Neil

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sad to read. All the best to him, you, and your family during this difficult time.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Really sorry to hear his. His thoughts and knowledge was allways interesting.
    I sincerely hope that his time left will as painless and with as much joy as possible!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    That's devastating news. I thought Steve was okay. Please extend my sincerest best wishes to Steve. Shell shocked here.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Banned
    I hope that Steve can partake in whatever people can provide for him to be as comfortable as possible for the time left. I think about what “trip” I would take when I reach that point.

Sorry to read this news. No words.

The old geezer left an imprint here on Progressive Ears that will always be here.
    He had a powerful personality, and was a true character in the most positive way.
    His posts were always informative, entertaining and colored with personal memories.
    These are the things I think of when I think of Steve, and there is no doubt his spirit will always be a permanent member here.

My heart goes out to you, his family and friends who know and love him.
    May the memory of him, bring you smiles, laughter and a warm heart. And may those things give you strength, and carry you through the coming months.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

So sorry to hear. I was wondering if one day there'd be an "I'm back!" post. Glad to hear his spirits are good. Sad news though.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

A very, very sincere and personal thank you for letting us know, here and now, rather than reading something later somewhere.

I think that I can safely say for everyone here, that you can tell him that ALL of his friends who knew Steve through his shared interest and love in music, send our very best hopes and our very sincere love.

thanks again and much love and hugs,

Steve Feigenbaum
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Best wishes to your father, to you and your family.
    I only know your dad through his posts here, which I enjoyed.
    May he live in peace.

I am stunned. I was hoping Steve would get better. He certainly has made my life richer.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I trust Geezer will continue to face his fate with humor and dignity, as you suggest in your email. Not the news everyone here wanted to hear of course but thank you for providing it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Man this sucks, Thinking of you Geez
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Much thanks for the update and still thinking of us even when things must feel incredibly turbulent.

We're all here for you too if/when you need the support

And kindly tell Steve that we all say "oh, don't be so dramatic...if you don't want us bugging you at Progday anymore just say so and we'll let you chill in peace."

All the best love and wishes to one of the coolest dudes I've known.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

That’s really sad to hear. My thoughts are with the family and friends.

Sorry to hear this sad news. The decision to forego treatment, difficult as it must have been, sounds wise to me. It's my belief that all too often the measures taken to prolong the ending of life carry a cost greater than the benefit. May Progeezer's ending be as full of love, joy, humor, peace and togetherness as he desires.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.