Thread: 3RDegree signs with 10T Records, sets Spring ’13 Tour

3RDegree signs with 10T Records, sets Spring ’13 Tour

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 13, 2013

3RDegree signs with 10T Records, sets Spring 2013 Tour

10T Records is thrilled to announce the signing of 3RDegree to its growing roster of artists. 3RDegree will release an as yet untitled brand new CD through 10T Records in 2014. Effective immediately, however, the band’s back catalog, including the critically acclaimed newest CD, The Long Division, and its predecessor, Narrow-Caster, are available through the 10T Records' online store as physical CDs, and in MP3 and M4A download formats. They are also available through 10T's international distribution network. Two live DVD/Blu-Ray titles are available as well.

Additionally, 3RDegree will begin a Spring Tour on May 11th with a performance at the acclaimed New Jersey Prog House. More dates will follow as they are confirmed. These gigs will introduce new lead guitarist Bryan Ziegler.

Band founder and bassist/backing vocalist Robert James Pashman notes, "Of all the progressive rock labels I'd ever imagined us (3RDegree) having an interest in pairing with, 10T were the ones I always thought I'd call - it was just a matter of when."

"I was introduced to 3RDegree through a Facebook friendship with the band’s guitarist, Eric Pseja," says 10T Records president, Steve Carroll. "We ended up trading some music back and forth and after one listen to The Long Division I knew we needed to work together. This is exactly the kind of music that Jeff (Hodges of Man on Fire) and I wanted to help bring to eager ears when we started 10T Records. What an amazing album and band!"

Pashman continues, "Since our reformation decision at the end of '05, I had ventured to have complete control over all aspects of the band - a real "do it yourself" attitude. We kept going DIY until the end of the year, at which time Steve made it clear to me that whenever we were ready with some new material, he would be very interested. I thought, well our latest album has only been out for a few months, so why don't we give you our latest 2 offerings as well as our 2 DVD/Blu-rays and see what we can do. Personally, I hope to have a bit more time to put toward the music rather than the business."

While 2013 won't feature a new 3RDegree studio album, interesting things lie ahead with the band's first live shows in over 2 years, and a look back at possibly overlooked 3RDegree music by year's end. Details to follow!

You can also stream all tracks from 3RDegree's last two studio releases here.

For further information:

Steve Carroll
    10T Records
    www.10trecords.com

# # #

Excellent news!

Jefferson James
    Great news -- two great tastes that taste great together. Congrats all 'round!

I think I will crack my
    Image.jpg
    that I've been cellaring tonight to celebrate.

Excellent John! We will be drinking a bit of it in a few months on its birthday. We've been cautious to make one bottle for each glass and not drink any of it.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Great news! But doesn't 10T need to negotiate a contract with me for use of my voice-over on The Long Division?

Tour?! When are you coming west?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Hey Melissa-we may have something brewing late in the year in San Fran but it's nowhere near definite. We may be hopping on some dates on a tour up the northeast but as of now just one show on May 11 at NJ Proghouse with Oblivion Sun and possibly a band before us as well.

cool!

congratulations all around

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Hey Melissa-we may have something brewing late in the year in San Fran but it's nowhere near definite.
    I will keep my fingers crossed!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Any chance of any Midwest dates? Maybe Detroit or Chicago (or even better somewhere in between?).

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Any chance of any Midwest dates? Maybe Detroit or Chicago (or even better somewhere in between?).

Steve Sly
    We wouldn't rule it out. Also, I put out a feeler in the area and it could turn into something. If we can get a bunch of things in a row or just Saturdays, we can do it. A Tuesday here and there-not do-able.

Anyone out there with some good ideas and want to actually have us (and another band or two) play somewhere, let us know!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Congrats, now I order up the latest via my brick & mortar store. Just revisited Narrow-caster (which I picked up from the band at their now-legendary MarProg outing at Nomad's Adventureland in Windsor CT) and have been hungry for more. Great band. Mazel tov!

I'd be pretty jazzed if the band had a Friday or Saturday night show in Chapel Hill/Carboro, NC.

Thanks rickawakeman! Seems a lot of people are doing brick & mortar since I'm noticing steady sales via our brick & mortar supplier. Not sure if you're on our mailing list but keep an eye out for a Connecticut show possibly happening. Our list offers free songs for signing up (rarities) at http://www.reverbnation.com/3RDegree

Jon-we may dip into Virginia but I doubt we will make it down to NC.

If you're in VA on a weekend, a road trip may be called for.

Congrats Rob!
    San Fran? Dude, I'm in on that one.

I'd just like to say I knew them when...

Congratulations, gentlemen! It couldn't happen to a more deserving band of musos.....

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    I'd just like to say I knew them when...

Congratulations, gentlemen! It couldn't happen to a more deserving band of musos.....
    Thanks Greg. You were one of the few who found out about the band during the "wilderness years". Now you are an όberfan!

[QUOTE=3RDegree_Robert;76160]Thanks rickawakeman! Seems a lot of people are doing brick & mortar since I'm noticing steady sales via our brick & mortar supplier. Not sure if you're on our mailing list but keep an eye out for a Connecticut show possibly happening. Our list offers free songs for signing up (rarities) at http://www.reverbnation.com/3RDegree

I picked up the disc last Wednesday and it's been in heavy rotation between home and car since. What a great album. I hear 10cc, GG, echoes of other greats with a great modern twist. I like the "neutrality" of the political content as well.

rickawakeman: busy Monday, May 13th? We SO need you to come see us in Trumbull, CT at Marisa's. Originally we were opening for Oblivion Sun but that fell through. Prog On The Sound and us wish to keep the show going and are looking for another band for the night. Tickets are available here. Being that there's not a whole lot of CT people on our mailing list, we have to get everyone out this night. This will be our only New England show of The Long Division Tour 2013.

I'd love to see the band again and experience the new album live (and I thought Narrow-caster was great...). Wish I was a tad closer (I'm up here in the wilds of western Mass)...you guys should come play up here in Northampton, we've got some great venues (Iron Horse, Pearl St., etc.)

Can i entice you with a free CD(r) of unreleased 3RDegree material? That's our latest schtick. Hard to get people to come out and there's only so many places that would have a band from far away. Don't think the Northampton venues would book us when we tell them we have one fan in the area! Best we can do is south/central CT I fear because Scott at Prog On The Sound loves bringing some Prog to people a bit more north of NYC.

Congratulations, Rob! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys!! And another score for 10T...

Thanks Mark! Just in case no one knew, I just wanted to throw our live dates in here. Hope you can make it Mark!:

May 11 NJ Proghouse @ Roxy & Dukes Dunellen, NJ w/Pinnacle and John Galgano & Izz Lite
    May 13 Prog On The Sound @ Marisa's of Trumbull, CT w/John Galgano & Izz Lite
    May 18 Orion Sound Studios Baltimore, MD w/John Galgano & Izz Lite
    May 29 Alphabet Lounge NYC w/The Yellow Box (Chris Merlo's band), Inner Situation, Out Of The Beardspace and Linus In The Sapphire