Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1623

Thread: The 2021 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

Agreed on both points. And I'm a Chiefs fan (more so than a Bills fan). Remember when the Saints beat the Packers by a FG in the NFC championship in OT in 2009? The league changed the rules after that. But it's still one of the two stupidest fucking rules in all of sports and I don't understand it. They put 15:00 on the clock. Why not play the whole quarter? They do in every other sport.
    Hockey just plays until the first team scores but it's not an issue there as there aren't the 'possessions'.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Hockey just plays until the first team scores but it's not an issue there as there aren't the 'possessions'.
    Hockey isn't a sport.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Hockey isn't a sport.
    Correct - it's a religion.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

cult

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    There are possessions but control of the puck almost always changes sides several times per minute. At the very least the NFL should adopt something like the XFL scramble for the ball to decide possession.

100%
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    cult

also 100%

Not as many fans as the other sports (in the US at least) but the fans are beyond a passionate bunch...I f'in love it!

Hockey isn't a sport.
    One goes to see a fight, and a Hockey game breaks out.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Hockey isn't a sport.
    cult
    So I went to google and asked "when does a cult become a religion" some of the answers were :-

1) As soon as you have to part with cash to join, it's a cult. As soon as there are more than 10000 of you, it's a religion.

2) Perhaps a cult becomes a religion when it stops killing it's members and starts killing non-members.

3) A cult becomes a religion when its members become so numerous that they require recognition by a governing authority.

4) There is no distinction between Cult, Sect or Religion, It all depends which side of the fence you are standing on.
    Hockey is clearly a religion

Disclaimer - this is intended to be a humorous post in a sports thread with no offense intended to anyone who worships the Gods of Baseball.
    Ian

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    From my experience, (just a few brief check-ins) most of the talk on the 2 Boston sports radio stations today has centered around Brady, talking about yesterday and speculating about his future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    How ironic, best QB vs worst QB left in the field. And the end it did not matter because we did not watch the football game.

Jimmy G may saved his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh he will still have a job, just maybe not with the Niners. Remember Joe Flacco? He got a fat contract and stuck around for a while, heck he might still being playing but I'm too lazy to look it up.

As a Packers fan, it was a bummer. Last night's game was a team failure, not just on Rodgers. He didn't come through, but special teams and others didn't deliver, also. I was over it 30 seconds after the game ended. Packers had a kickass season and gave me some fun times this year. The entertainment served me well.
    Reminded me of the Chargers after Shotenheimer, worst special teams for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yep. Yet more ammunition to change the rule. Which will probably happen in 2109.

But goddamn...I don't think there has ever been a crazier two minutes in nfl history. What a day for football.
    I was out and about all day and finally landed at a sports bar at the start of the 4th quarter of Bills/Chiefs. Aside from watching the Warriors win NBA championships at a bar, this has to have been the best shared sports experience I've ever had. Being in the Bay Area the place was evenly split, 1/3 NFL fans, 1/3 Bills and 1/3 Chiefs. I'm still buzzing this morning!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

cult
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Oh he will still have a job, just maybe not with the Niners. Remember Joe Flacco? He got a fat contract and stuck around for a while, heck he might still being playing but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Flacco was worth what the Ravens paid for him, except they didn’t have enough talent resources to support him. Flacco is now a backup for the Jets. He started after Zac Wilson was injured and did well but the Jet’s defense helped the Dolphins to win the game. Then the Jets brought Zac back and he didn’t do too well.

Cult, religion, what is the difference?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Are we supposed to feel bad for defense that can't make a stop? I'm all for playing a 15 minute overtime but gee whiz, I'd like to see some defense every now and then. Touchdowns are supposed to be harder to score but apparently not in the 4th quarter.

still a bit stunned by the Packers loss. watching some of the all-22 footage makes it even worse. on the 3rd-and-11 on the Packers' last possession, he has St. Brown open by 2 steps for a touchdown, and Lazard down the middle for like 25 yards. instead, he goes to Adams along the sideline, who is double covered (as he had been since the first possession), obviously incomplete. this one is particularly egregious because of the situation, but really it had been going on all game. Rodgers scrambling around looking for Adams, then either dumping it off to Jones or throwing it away - while Lazard and Deguara were getting open on nearly every play!

its bizarre because Rodgers' ability to find the open man has always been a strength, particularly during those years when the GB offense was unstoppable. if you double covered someone he would make you pay. I think back to that big story about Rodgers and McCarthy (the one Rodgers handwaved away as "fake news", despite containing a bunch of very detailed and specific stories about him) - once you lose his trust you can't really get it back. I think defenses would figure that out (especially during the playoffs) and it really bit them here. Whatever. I'm ready to be done with him.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

NFL Football is also a cult. Many miss church to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    NFL Football is also a cult. Many miss church to watch it.
    I miss church for a variety of reasons.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I was going post the same thing
    Ian

I avoid cults too!

Every time I have to go to a church I put my finger in through the doorway first to make sure it doesn't ignite.

When I was a teenager, a woman at church was talking about how she won some kind of prize for catching the biggest fish. The pastor asked her when she caught it. She laughed and said Sunday Morning. The Pastor said, "May God have mercy on your sin sick soul." Tongue in cheek of course.

I do not miss church

You'd have to have been to miss it.
    Ian