Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021

I agree with late night comedians. They should pump all the players full of steroids, fill all the bats with cork, and doctor all the balls. If they're going to make us sit through 9 innings of basically nothing happening, they should make it as interesting and exciting as possible.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Every time I see this topic I think of Martin Lancelot Barre.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I agree with late night comedians. They should pump all the players full of steroids, fill all the bats with cork, and doctor all the balls. If they're going to make us sit through 9 innings of basically nothing happening, they should make it as interesting and exciting as possible.
    I didn't realize we were being made to sit through anything.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    On that basis the games would take 6 hours.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Things seem to have gotten closer (still far) to normal without the so-called "sticky stuff." Gerrit Cole is now an above average pitcher, in fact. Bring back the 2019 ball (or was it 2018?) and things might be even better.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's really a disgrace how little support the minor leagues receive from MLB.
    I think this had more to do with COVID than MLB support. Toledo has a beautiful stadium right in the heart of downtown. When we have been there before there was plenty of staff and the lines were reasonable. Just like everywhere else in the Midwest, finding employees is proving to be a difficult prospect right now.

^The one Charlotte Knights game we went to was just fine. Perhaps we got lucky. It was crowded, but concessions were quick.

But I believe Scott was alluding to deeper problems in the Minors.

I watched a report on HBO a few days ago about investors giving minor league players money in exchange for 10% of their future earnings. Tatis is a client, so the investor made $35 million on that one deal. The pay is so bad that the investment/loan makes sense. Nutrition, sleep, training—suddenly the guy making nothing and sleeping on the floor of a six-man, one bedroom apartment has a better chance at the Majors.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Well, like they say about baseball, you see something different just about every day. Angles pitcher Dylan Bundy just vomited at the mound, apparently due to dehydration.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, like they say about baseball, you see something different just about every day. Angles pitcher Dylan Bundy just vomited at the mound, apparently due to dehydration.
    Are you sure he wasn't just trying to put a foreign substance on the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Best comeback line of the season, right there.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post

But I believe Scott was alluding to deeper problems in the Minors.

I watched a report on HBO a few days ago about investors giving minor league players money in exchange for 10% of their future earnings. Tatis is a client, so the investor made $35 million on that one deal. The pay is so bad that the investment/loan makes sense. Nutrition, sleep, training—suddenly the guy making nothing and sleeping on the floor of a six-man, one bedroom apartment has a better chance at the Majors.
    Yes, exactly.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

If so, he made Michael Pineda look like a genius.

I knew there was a reason the Orioles traded him.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Angles pitcher Dylan Bundy just vomited at the mound
    That's one way to keep the umpire from checking the ball.

Well, Ohtani is not infallible, He just gave up seven runs in 2/3 of an inning in NY.

I didn't realize we were being made to sit through anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    On that basis the games would take 6 hours.
    Prefacing it with "late night comedians" indicates the spirit in which my comment was made. Don't take the world so seriously.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Prefacing it with "late night comedians" indicates the spirit in which my comment was made. Don't take the world so seriously.
    You think my response was serious?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well, Ohtani is not infallible, He just gave up seven runs in 2/3 of an inning in NY.
    Three walks and a hit batter, now they have Mr. Vomit on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Three walks and a hit batter, now they have Mr. Vomit on the mound.
    It was four walks and there was actually some timely hitting for a change.

Orioles take three from the first place World Cheaters. Who would have thunk.

Yankees blow yet another one. They deserve no better than a fourth-place finish

HAPPY BOBBY BONILLA DAY!!

So stupid of Maddon to bat him leadoff on a mound day. But all's well that ends well.

The eons are closing
    HAPPY BOBBY BONILLA DAY!!
    Right back at ya! lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Yankees blow yet another one. They deserve no better than a fourth-place finish
    There is blowing a lead and then there was this game. 7-0 after the top of the first. Having a 4 run lead in the 9th and giving up 7! 3 walks and a grand slam by Chapman. He has really been getting lit up lately.